MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went in for mot today and it failed how anoying the cv boot had split only just changed the passenger side now its the drivers i thought i had suspension boing but turns out the spring is fractured and my back lights were to dark. advisory was child seat fitted so they couldnt check the seat belt, annoying because i was waiting for it so could have took it out. however i have serviced it today and done the boot and changed the lights just waiting for the spring tomorrow hopefully then that will be done and in for a re test.

found it funny that people on here say about cars failing for magic trees on the mirror and 5 out of 6 cars there had them lol one even had 2 lol

so hopefully next week i will be sorted for another year, good job i like tinkering

·
Registered nUber
2,259 Posts
went in for mot today and it failed how anoying the cv boot had split only just changed the passenger side now its the drivers i thought i had suspension boing but turns out the spring is fractured and my back lights were to dark. advisory was child seat fitted so they couldnt check the seat belt, annoying because i was waiting for it so could have took it out. however i have serviced it today and done the boot and changed the lights just waiting for the spring tomorrow hopefully then that will be done and in for a re test.

found it funny that people on here say about cars failing for magic trees on the mirror and 5 out of 6 cars there had them lol one even had 2 lol

so hopefully next week i will be sorted for another year, good job i like tinkering
Glad youve sorted it out, I guess CV boots may fail at similar times due to the rubber perishing with age. Never heard of a spring fracture on them before.

Mine just failed on blue side lights?!! And because it had a sun strip?!
How big is it and what the rules on them? Considering one myself.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
mine has a sun strip as well but that was ok im sure that you aint meant to have one that the wipers go over? not 100% sure on it tho i think i just depends what mood the tester is in but if i have somthing wrong with the car i would rather fix it. iv just got the spring to do on friday when i get time then re test monday ready for spain on the following friday cant wait. will be fun driving the zs all that way

just wondering if anyone knows how long it will take to change the front passenger side spring? i was not that long ago that i done the cv boot on that side so most of the bolts shud come out easyish hopefully just wondering if i can squeeze it in before friday. thanks for any help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts