MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Biomorphic and the sun,perfection
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi good people,took the green one for the annual test today,after 7 years and 49000 miles I noticed they have changed the colour of the test certificate to RED......................:( :getcoat:

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Hi good people,took the green one for the annual test today,after 7 years and 49000 miles I noticed they have changed the colour of the test certificate to RED......................:( :getcoat:
:( What was the fail for, nothing to major I hope ?

Jez

·
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:( What was the fail for, nothing to major I hope ?

Jez
Quote,Front brake disc(s)in such a condition that it is seriously weakened.
A visit to EBC to order Turbo grooved discs and green stuff pads,£205 with a discount from the 75/ZT forum.Tools at the ready this week end Jez.....:thumbup:

·
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just to update this thread,I ordered some new rotors and pads,pushed the boat out and went for the EBC Sports Disc Kit and Greenstuff pads.Three weeks later,£210 lighter and from the second supplier,finally got to fit them today.The pics below show the INSIDE brake paths,the outside paths look absolutely fine,but as you can see,was pretty relieved to get them off and new ones fitted...............

And the very pleasing finished look..........

·
Registered
50 Posts
Nice one higgi!

Looks great - the new discs together with the Greenstuff and red calipers look the business.

....Think I better check mine now ....

·
Flying the Flag
212 Posts
How you finding the green stuff pads for dust?

I've had them on my ZS for a few weeks now and I'm finding that they are absolutely awful for dust (far worse than OEM) despite being labelled as low dust.

I dunno if I got a dodgy batch or something but I'm having to clean my front wheels and the bottom panels of the front doors every other day due to the streaky build up. I'm not pushing her hard at the moment either.

(not meaning to thread hijack!)

Alex

·
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How you finding the green stuff pads for dust?

I've had them on my ZS for a few weeks now and I'm finding that they are absolutely awful for dust (far worse than OEM) despite being labelled as low dust.

I dunno if I got a dodgy batch or something but I'm having to clean my front wheels and the bottom panels of the front doors every other day due to the streaky build up. I'm not pushing her hard at the moment either.

(not meaning to thread hijack!)

Alex
Only done 100 mainly motorway miles since fitting them buddy so I'll let you know when I've rattled up a few more...............

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I still havnt seen your car around gaydon higgi. I park at the back of 507 should normally be able to see it down that road on the right as enter the site.

·
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I still havnt seen your car around gaydon higgi. I park at the back of 507 should normally be able to see it down that road on the right as enter the site.
That is because the last time I went to Gaydon was for an interview back in '98/99,you won't miss it in East Works car park Solihull Mike..........:)

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
I've been using yellow stuff for over a year, no problem with dust.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts