MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the weekend I went on a karting day organised by a friend in the Subaru Impreza Driver's Club. :D I also managed to borrow his digital camera, so (hopefully) here are a few pictures of my car. :D :D

S.

Attachments

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And finally...

...the "does my bum look big in this" shot :eek:

Attachments

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
I thought that you already knew the answer Kev.

They enjoy the view of the back!!!!!

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
The manager at my local dealers has just sold his Scooby and is replacing it with a ZT.

Not much lost in the performance, much more comfort and much cheaper to run - not my opinion, his.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
kevin neal said:
Anth,what do the scooby owners think of the 180?
All the comments I heard were very positive - in some cases even before they knew they were speaking to the owner. :) Admitedly, the guy in the UK300 - parked next to mine in the first two pictures - did refer to it as a Rover :rolleyes: but I think it was due to ignorance rather than malice. ;) In fact, I was following him to the karting - catching up with the people in front - and was able to keep up with him on a empty piece of dual carriageway - from ~30 to ~100 mph - until we had to slow down for the rapidly approaching roundabout! :cool:

S.

G

·
Anthracite

Would like to use your car on the main site if you no objection! An amazing machine the ZS180, we need to spread th word on this one, I mentioned its ability to some EVO boys and they just laughed at me.

I retorted, "you should have been there". :)

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
XPower Admin! said:
Would like to use your car on the main site if you no objection! An amazing machine the ZS180, we need to spread th word on this one, I mentioned its ability to some EVO boys and they just laughed at me.
Jerry,

Feel free to use the photos. As my Scooby owning friend had previously had the pleasure of keeping up with me on a nice piece of road, he was the one telling the other owners just how good a performance bargin it is. :D

S.

·
Registered
20 Posts
So this is where you hang out, Steve :D

Interesting BBS - good to see another one with lots of enthusiasts on. I hope you'll all permit me to occasionally post here, even though I don't own an MGR - I used to have a 214SEi (which for my money was terrific value and I loved it) and now have a Subaru Impreza with the Prodrive pack on :). I have test driven both the ZS180 and ZT190 so I think I'm reasonably well-equipped to comment ;).

Yes, the ZS180 is a great car - looks great, goes well, sticks to the road like glue and handles very well. The Scooby community seems to rate it highly too, although it's a bit different to what we're used to comparing against (Evo, Skyline, GTi-R, Cossies etc) but I reckon a well-driven ZS wouldn't be far off a standard Scooby on the road - until you threw in some real twisty bits when the 4wd would come into its own.

I'm afraid I disagree with one of the posts above - the one about swapping a Scooby for a ZT and not losing much performance. The performance is a world apart (no offence - I've driven both remember) - the ZT is all about smooth V6 and being quick, whereas the Scooby is all about massive turbo torque and being quicker. Power/weight and torque/weight, the two don't come close. Much better interior in the ZT though!

So, Steve, you are now being watched, so no anti-Scooby comments or else ;) :D.

G

·
Welcome Bitten Hero.

My current wheels are from the other Jap stable the ubiquitous Evolution VII – supposed to be a stop gap until the ZT385 rolls along (swapped a EVO VI & Rover75 for it).

Nearly went for an STi, but I won't go into detail why not - only one reason actually. Same as everyone else! :D

I agree about the ZS180 whole heartedly, m8 on the board Kevin Neal came along to a trackday and had a ball see Hullavington on the Events thread!

So, we have both tried the 4 wheel drive route, maybe like me you will return to the fold.

PS. I won't mention the word "Driven" honestly.

PSS. Which model Scoob have you?

PSSS. I feel set up here? :D :D :D

Below image of the old VI now a Silver SEVEN.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks Jerry!

Let me guess why you didn't go for an STi... the looks by any chance? :)

And yes, I'm keeping an eye out for the ZT385 or, more likely, the >200bhp touring car edition of the ZS due out fairly soon. If I were leaving the 4wd fold though I'd probably go for RWD rather than FWD.

The karting we did was at Jordan (my workplace :)) - fancy doing a MG enthusiasts vs Jordan karting event some time?

Cheers
Richard

ps - Driven :rolleyes: Everyone knows that the Evo VII is a better track day car, but in the humble opinion of many, the STi is a better all round car if you need to commute etc... depends how dedicated you are (and on your route to work!)

pss - MY00 UK-spec (bought from Holland) Dark Blue Mica (very similar colour to your VI), with Prodrive Performance Pack fitted afterwards... 254bhp/249lbft on the rollers, around 270lbft on the road (18.5psi vs only 16psi seen on rollers), uprated air filter, boost gauge and intercooler splitter. It's the one on the far left on Stev.. sorry, Anthracite's ;) third picture :D

G

·
Richard

I think you would find the VII a better everyday proposition then people like to tell you. I use it every day, well commutes actaully. The down side is fuel consumption and SUL. Servicing is OK - 4500 miles for a CCC/Ralliart car as was the VI. But 6000 miles for Japanese spec cars. CCC were a little doubtful on AYC, so they erred on the side of caution and went for 4,500 miles. :(

My VII has HKS Super Drager & Ralliart panel filter, which should be 300bhp. I have an AP 6-pot to fit to the front, trying to source 4-pot rears which is proving difficult, (Ralliart Dudley modify the VI calipers but wont tell you how to mod them to fit a VII). :(

STi - looks alone put me off + delivery time if the ZT385 came early (may now try to kep the VII - but looking financially doubtful - hence the lack of urgency to fit the AP's).

Karting idea sounds great, at the moment I don't think we have enough members to have a go though. However, maybe Steve (Anthracite) would like to test the waters in the Event Forums.

If we catch up on a trackday - your welcome to have aride in the VII and compare notes. Very interesting riding in Kebin Neals, as I've said elsewhere the ZS180 handles like a dream. He certainly rounded chicanes with no problem and it wasn't short on top end either! :D :D

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: My present wallpaper

cerbman said:
Hope you don't mind Anthracite:)
:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Superb! :D:D You even managed to get the angle spot on Steve when you took the photo! :)

Want to borrow some green paint? ;)

Richard

·
True Brit
1,048 Posts
:D I thought it was good too how the angle was almost the same, looks good doesn't it, racer and standard car together, though I'm sure some 10 year old could do better than my effort.:)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts