MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Which one shall I drive today?
6,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I was speaking to a local dealer last Friday who said the Monogram program was to be dropped to to a lack of takers.

With £1600 for a special paint I'm not surprised.

Anyone heard anything?

G

·
I don't belieeevvvveee it!

Tony I hope your dealer is wrong. :(

I can understand someone not wanting to spend upwards of a £1000 on paint for a ZR. But the cars this paint is really aimed at IMHO are the more expensive vehicles in the range.

Specifically, top line R75/ZT's, especially the ZT260/385. I know I would have specced Monogram paint when I order the car! :D

Just have to wait and see?

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Yep, me too, and my next ZT will have it as long as:

a) I can afford it (obviously)
b) The scheme is still running.

I haven't actually seen any monogrammed Zeds on the road yet. Anyone else?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Maybe one of the reasons for the poor take up is the absolute lack of knowledge of the program from the dealers! "mono-what?" .. If I hadn't already bought an MG I would have LOVED to have got a monogrammed car..

G

·
They should read their "factory Info Bulletins", all of the info is on their DiSCUS computer intranet! :D

They should also have a glossy brochure depicting the colours to hand out to prospective customers!

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
... which I still haven't scanned for you Jerry.... I'll try to remember to do it tonight... :)

·
True Brit
1,048 Posts
rphill said:
Maybe one of the reasons for the poor take up is the absolute lack of knowledge of the program from the dealers! "mono-what?" .. If I hadn't already bought an MG I would have LOVED to have got a monogrammed car..
I agree, the dealers seem to have little knowledge, I even had to tell my local dealer about the TCV....

·
Registered
67 Posts
Agreed. Some dealers haven't got a clue about the products which they are trying to sell, or which MGR are producing. This makes them look totally unprofessional.
Does the Monogram program actually cost anything to maintain, even if they don't have any takers? I wouldn't have thought it would, after all, a lot of the products are after-market accessories, which surely don't cost anything to NOT be installed!
They need to make the end-products a bit more public, as you can't really visualise a car going by a colour swatch the size of your little finger! And what ever happened to the new alloy-wheels?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts