MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My much loved ZS is going up for sale. I dont want to get rid really an neither does the wife but we want a Mitsubishi Delica and dont have the time, space or insurance premiums to have another car (got an MGF and an MR2 aswell!)

We bought this in November 2008 to use while my wife was on maternity leave, we intended selling it early this year but could not bring ourselfs to do it but now is the right time.

96000 miles,
belts done (http://forums.xpowerforums.com/showthread.php?t=52313),
Sheddist Clutch kit
Metal Thermostat upgrade
full service history up until I bought it and then looked after better!
Rear head rests,
parking sensors,
CD changer with CD up front aswell, bought a VDO unit to match and took out the tape player, CD changer plays MP3 discs, uprated infinity front speakers in Bini pods,
Good tyres, bought new in November 2008, swapped front to rear Jan this year,
New front and rear brakes, discs and pads in about Nov 2009, lots of life left and not sticky at all, OEM grade kit not pattern parts.
Full electric windows (rears retro fitted) with professional rear door tints
Just Mot'd, flew through, only advisories were child seat fitted and tyres on rear wearing slightly on the inside edge, he said its not an official advisory as they are not close to the legal limit but a manual entry just to make me aware, when I said they did 10k on the front he said 'that'll be why then'!
Cone air filter, VIS valves work and oil breathers removed from inlet, Custom rear box (mild pipe but stainless box).

Offers around £2500 please.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Sorry to see you selling this, espcially as you've made the effort to get to know the 'quirks' of the car and sort them out. You're guide on the KV6 cambelt change helped me when I did mine.

Good luck with the sale. Nice car with the asking price set at the right level for a quickish sale IMO.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Paintwork looks immaculate.
Paintwork has done 96k like the rest of the car, it gets washed often and looks great even without a full detail but its not immaculate.

I didnt wash it for the pictures this is how clean its always kept, the pictures were taken on my phone, it was a decission we only made last night as we have been looking at Delicas for a few months and finally decided we really want one.

Truley is a lovely car, no faults with it and I would keep it forever but one car has to go, the MGF is worthless this time of year, the MR2 is not running 100% so I would not like to sell it knowing this. Going to put it on Piston Heads tomorrow, eBay as a last resort.

·
04/02/2010
417 Posts
Once my 110 is away and if you still have this then il be in touch!! :)

·
Still not cured of MG addiction
7,110 Posts
the MR2 is not running 100% so I would not like to sell it knowing this.
If only everyone was as straight as you!

Gorgeous car, looks in really good condition. What is the name of the colour, is it shot silk? Is the steering wheel a different one, it looks chunkier than I remember the ZS wheel being. Just being nosy :)

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If only everyone was as straight as you!

Gorgeous car, looks in really good condition. What is the name of the colour, is it shot silk? Is the steering wheel a different one, it looks chunkier than I remember the ZS wheel being. Just being nosy :)
Color is Spectre hence my user name! Wheel was bought new off ebay, I beleive it was standard fit on the 214 SEi cars, its much nicer than the stock but no smaller just chunkier.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Nice car, but why don't you sell the MR2 with it's faults, then you'll have a convertable, a saloon and an MPV rather than being stuck with 2 two seaters.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice car, but why don't you sell the MR2 with it's faults, then you'll have a convertable, a saloon and an MPV rather than being stuck with 2 two seaters.
Can only drive one car at once, the Delica is to replace the ZS as the family car, the others are fun cars.

·
Mccrae
39 Posts
good luck with the sale :) Brilliant looking car and still looks sssoooooooooooooooooo much better than what's on offer out there at the moment - brand new! sticking with my trusty 1.6 zed. The love hate relationship carry's on lol

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Wheel was bought new off ebay, I beleive it was standard fit on the 214 SEi cars, its much nicer than the stock but no smaller just chunkier.
are these a straight swap or are they a fiddly SOB like the TF wheels, where you have to hack the airbag to fit.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Straight swap, the airbag fits perfectly but has a slightly different pattern than the wheel, its barely noticable and the feel of the wheel is well worth it.

·
Still not cured of MG addiction
7,110 Posts
A few years back I had a Rover 45 with a plastic steering wheel. I got a new leather one off eBay, official Rover one. Leather was really nice quality and it made a massive difference to driving the car. Sounds like a good upgrade although I quite like the standard ZS wheel :)

·
Registered
951 Posts
A few years back I had a Rover 45 with a plastic steering wheel. I got a new leather one off eBay, official Rover one. Leather was really nice quality and it made a massive difference to driving the car. Sounds like a good upgrade although I quite like the standard ZS wheel :)
The older 200 / 400 leather wheels have the little bumps at 10 and 2 and just seem to be a better quality item IMO.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No real interest yet, price is negotiable, I have bags of history with this car including the original bill of sale!

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
tbh, I'm surprised it hasn't sold yet.

The price is good, unusual colour, good history, belts done.

Ideal ZS for someone.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts