MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been reading the write up on the new ST220 at.................

http://www.4car.co.uk/

looks like the ZT might have some competition,The ZT needs more power to match the ST220 so MG better get their skates on and launch the V8 ZT's.

G

·
Kevin

Too right the ZED TEE needs at least 230 to compete against the higher end ***'s and MB's and Audi's. As you say the 265 variant should see to that.

Would you buy the Jag or the Mondeo if you wanted something from Uncle Henry?

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The ZT 190 is crying out for more power,i dont know if ZT190 owners would agree but is jumping up to a V8 too big a move up?
I would like to see a turbocharged 2.5 KV6 that can be shared with the ZS with the ZT getting a higher power output.
that should put the ford in its place:cool:

G

·
I would guess that the FORD V8 drivetrain, complete with Auto box or otherwise maybe a very cheap package to buy in considering the economies of scale. As for the turbo V6 - would be nice - but do you think the development costs could be too great, especially as the Ford V8 is available.

You'll just have to get Mrs Neal to buy a ZT V8! The 265 was rumoured to come in at around £27/28k.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
>but do you think the development costs could be too great, especially as the Ford V8 is available. <
they have got to sort something out for the new ZS so why not make a 2.5 turbo,whats the point of power train if they dont develop engines.
I think other low volume manufacters would be interested in a engine like this.
I'm not gonna be happy with a 180bhp motor in the new ZS.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts