MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I’m trying to find out if anyone who has modified their ZR has managed to keep their warranty intact.

I’ve been thinking about fitting an induction kit but am quite scared of losing my warranty cover.
I hope someone has done some modifications whilst keeping their cover…..

So has anyone managed it?

·
Registered
362 Posts
An induction kit would void the warranty, if u were silly enough to take to a dealer with one fitted, but wait coz there are rumours that MGR are developing some performance gear....

Obviously this would need to be fitted by Rover/MG technicians (nice work @ £50 an hour!!!!) to keep ur warranty.......

Another warning, it would also invalidate your insurance if you did not tell them. So if u stack ur car remember to take the induction kit off before u claim!!!

If u do get one thought let all know where from and how much, i'm sure there are a few potential buyers out there (me included).

Thanks......

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Although the Zeds have had good reviews in the press little seems to have been available.

Since 'Max Power' reviewed the ZR (and liked it!) more companies will probably start to make these mods available.

Agree with your thoughts on MGRs own performance add-ons though.

·
Registered
89 Posts
look for a single pipe intake induction kit like an EVO 5 or sothing like that, it is only an air filter but it will give you a 5 - 10% increase in power. the are easy to fit and make a really nice noise! :D

Look at Max Power or if there's one near you, got to CAR. Max power live will no doubt have lots of new toy's when it happens! :D

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
!!

I have modded my ZR 160 already, the official line i had from my dealer in Southampton is thus ...

If the parts you are replacing can be identified as causing the problem with which you approach the dealer then this can void warranty. Basically you mess with an induction kit and moan that the car keeps stalling they will tell you to get lost. However say that the brakes fell dodgy and as these have not been modified they are legally still under warranty.

I have told my Insurance about my mods and they have been good about it, £36 increase after and 16 Bhp upping is pretty good !!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I've decided to fit a spoiler to my R25 and my insurance company charged me nothing as it was an 'official' modification.

Had it been a cosworth spoiler or similar, they would have charged quite a lot.

So although MGR can be expensive sometimes, I think it pays in the long run to get official accessories (if they are available of course). :D

·
Zed Heaven
7,508 Posts
nn-y...my insurance company charged me an extra £90 when I added the official side skirts to my ZR+120. Only having complained did it come down to £60. The fact they were the official MGR side skirts supplied and fitted by my authorised MGR dealer seemingly had no effect on Direct Line.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I'm with Tesco - I believe they *are* basically DirectLine :D

Can't explain that one - perhaps it's because I'm a woman. Although that said, I'm inexperienced too - I've only had my license 6 months.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts