MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Previously Owned a ZS180 MK2
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight I got myself a lovely clutch and slave cylinder kit from Sheddist for fitting to my ZS180.

The car has been off the road for a little bit as the old slave cylinder failed when I arrived at work one day and was parking my car up. Luckily as I say i was at work and so it was just a case of phoning the AA who towed me and the cab back home and I collected another car i had at home.

Well, what do I think of this kit? ...To be frank, I am gob smacked at the build quality of these components that Sheddist has put together. For a kick off, the bracket for the slave cylinder is a lot more substantial looking than the bracket used in the original design. In fact, everything about the kit just shouts quality !

The kit even comes with an instruction booklet on CD that appears to cover just about every part of the fitting process.

Hopefully tomorrow the weather will stay fine and I can have a go at fitting it all to the car.

Hats off to Sheddist for producing these quality kits. I will post an update regarding the fitting in due course.

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
Great kit:)

Most of us regulars have this kit fitted.

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts
You won't be disappointed. Let's hear your reviews once fitted.:)

·
Previously Owned a ZS180 MK2
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I fitted the kit today. It took me around 4 hours, I was not rushing, it could easily be done in 3 hours.

Everything went very smoothly, the instructions provided in the kit are spot on. I read through them last night a few times and then cracked on with the job this morning after popping to Halfords to get myself some fresh clutch fluid.

Only one little problem really. I opted to use the long clevis for the master cylinder. The clip/pin that comes with the kit wanted to turn as the clutch pedal was depressed. I tried to apply a light smearing of grease to the clevis to stop this, but to no avail. In the end I used a hefty cable tie to secure the clip to the fork. However, given the beautiful pedal I now have, I think I could easily change the fork end for the smaller one. I will perhaps try a change of fork end next weekend.

Bleeding was a breeze, with a little bit of initial pressurised help. I could not really get the system to prime that easily from dry, and so a little bit of careful air pressure got things going.

The end result - The best feeling clutch pedal this car has had for a very long time !

This kit is well worth buying if anyone is thinking of getting one - Full marks !!

·
often cruized never beaten......
239 Posts
same here top bloke. delivered and gave my car a once over too. excelent build quality and fitting instructions.

·
MG ZS 180 MKI
3,364 Posts
+3 :friday:

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
I will need one for my spring re launch of the zed. What price are they now if you don't mind me asking.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Thanks. Another job on my list to make mine as bomb proof as possible. I will pm sheddist soon no doubt.

·
Lighten up dude
1,154 Posts
:
Ditto

- fitted from nearly new and never had a problem 50K this year.

Go Nigel!

P

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
I got 45k up but it's one of those things whereby I'm keeping my fingers crossed so gotta do it!

·
won hay-tee
607 Posts
First thing i did when i registered on this website was to ask for a kit :)
In fact i think it was the reason for me registering in the first place :p

I have noticed that its best to half fill the reservoir with fluid, as if you top it right up, you just spit it out under hard cornering/lift off oversteer moments :D

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi John did you get this kit recently, iv been trying to get hold of sheddist for a while but iv had no joy. Would you know if he still making them up?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts