MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have just replaced my wifes MKI ZS with a 2005 MKII. Unformtunately it only came with 1 key fob. While I look into getting a 2nd one I'm concerned if this gets lost in the meantime I'll be kissing goodbye to using the car again.

So whille I do have a spare key (not fob) I will need the Emergency Key Access code for manual overide if needed.

I have the original owners handbook with a barcode label in. Is the EKA one of these numbers on the label? I think the EKA is a 4 digit code which the label has plus other codes including the two bar code labels.

Thanks.

·
MKII MGZS180
2,314 Posts
The barcode is related to the remote. If you are buying a new remote you will need a new barcode that comes with the new remote.

As for the EKA code, off the top of my head, the code is supplied on a card with the digits on it.

·
Mercedes W638
1,854 Posts
The EKA is normally written on a credit card size card, along with the key code and radio code. If you haven't got the EKA code, it can be extracted from the SCU when the new fob is coded.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for replies. Can't find any credit card size official MGR id in the car so must be long gone. I've got someone dropping round next week who's supplying new fob and re-coding so as you say eka will be extracted from the Pektron unit.

Reading older threads it sounds like these Pektron units can cause some grief compared to the older Lucus type. Anyway that's one tick off the 'fix list', next up tyres / wheels ...

BTW What's the official colour for MKII Blue (I know MKI was trophy blue) - ta.

·
Mercedes W638
1,854 Posts
If you need some paint I have few aerosols that I will be bringing along to the PoL

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you need some paint I have few aerosols that I will be bringing along to the PoL
Great! - I'm getting a big key scratch out in a few weeks as that's also costing me. I'm sure they'll come in handy - If I do go I'll let you know thanks.

Just out of interest: I'm assuming the ZS TB and IB are two slightly different colours? When I gave my colour code from my ZT last year it came up as Night Fire Red AND Copper Leaf (which it is)?

BTW I got my EKA. The auto-locksmith extracted it when he programmed the new Prektron fob to the car - I now have two fobbies :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts