MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
zs :)
27 Posts
would this fit on my mk1 saloon? i think it does but sticks out abit maybe ?
and also how loud is it ? ive got a standard o.e back box atm and just want something with abit more of a growl nothing too noisy dont wanna be waking up the neighbours after a night out loL!
cheers !

·
zs :)
27 Posts
ok mate ! u think it would look **** ? thanks again! useem to be pretty clued up :) u gotta exhaust on urs ?

·
Registered
85 Posts
would this fit on my mk1 saloon? i think it does but sticks out abit maybe ?
and also how loud is it ? ive got a standard o.e back box atm and just want something with abit more of a growl nothing too noisy dont wanna be waking up the neighbours after a night out loL!
cheers !
It really would stick out quite a bit on the MK1, wouldnt look right.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Very easy to modify with a grinder,a ten min job ,,,,,,,

·
04/02/2010
417 Posts
Very easy to modify with a grinder,a ten min job ,,,,,,,
Theres really no place that could be done.

Id say leave it as it is and leave it to a mk2 owner.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Theres really no place that could be done.

Id say leave it as it is and leave it to a mk2 owner.
??? trim the tailpipe ,, ten min job ,, the only difference with the exhausts on all models hatch,saloon mk1 and mk2 is the tailpipe length , ,,,

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
??? trim the tailpipe ,, ten min job ,, the only difference with the exhausts on all models hatch,saloon mk1 and mk2 is the tailpipe length , ,,,
Wicked, take a £200 exhaust and cut the tail pipe off with a grinder, why bother it will look ****e.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
it would never look right, leave it to a mark 2 owner, plus the difference beween a hatch and saloon length wises is quite a lot so youd be left with the smaller part of the pipe, possible sitting too high up, imho its quite xpensive i payed £30 for one in similar condition

·
Registered
580 Posts
Wicked, take a £200 exhaust and cut the tail pipe off with a grinder, why bother it will look ****e.
why will it look s***e ?? its just a straight forward trim of the tailpipe ,, unless your f***ing useless with your hands ....

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
why will it look s***e ?? its just a straight forward trim of the tailpipe ,, unless your f***ing useless with your hands ....
Doesnt matter how good you are with your hands you wont cut 4 inches off that and polish it up to look good in 10 minutes, better to cut 4 inches out the pipe and wel the tail back on.

·
MKII MGZS180
2,314 Posts
This is definitely a quality product for any mk2 saloon owners. I have had an exact same Janspeed pipe badged XPower on my mk2 for 5 years now. There is noticeable difference in sound compare to OE, the OE box is very much muted compare to the Janspeed. This Janspeed rasp very nicely especially at high revs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts