MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if you can still get the mk2 rear badges, the 95mm ones?
The current one has some of the enamel chipped off so looks rubbish.
I bought an insert which is currently on the car but I don't particularly like the look of them.
James

·
MKII MGZS180
2,314 Posts
It will be difficult to source a new mk2 rear MG badge for the ZS. Very occasionally these might be some pop up on ebay even then these tend to be more for the ZR than the ZS.

·
Registered
600 Posts
It will be difficult to source a new mk2 rear MG badge for the ZS. Very occasionally these might be some pop up on ebay even then these tend to be more for the ZR than the ZS.
ive seen a couple on ebay , but there not cheap bout 25-30 pounds.

·
Registered
580 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wow thanks guys great find. Well I have a mk2 zr as well so either one is useful. I will let you know which badge it is when it arrives.
James

·
MKII MGZS180
2,314 Posts
That says for zr and zs i,m sure i read somewhere they are different might be wrong though i,m sure someone on here will soon be along who knows
The curvature of the boot is different between the ZR and ZS. I believe even the ZS saloon and hatch are different too. If one is desperate for a new badge then it will still work on either car, it just will not sit flush on the boot.

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts
The curvature of the boot is different between the ZR and ZS. I believe even the ZS saloon and hatch are different too. If one is desperate for a new badge then it will still work on either car, it just will not sit flush on the boot.
Yup! The mk2 ZR boot is flat and the mk2 ZS saloon is curved.

The mk2 ZS hatch boot looks flat too going by the pictures on .org.

·
It's a big fan
3,218 Posts
Yup! The mk2 ZR boot is flat and the mk2 ZS saloon is curved.

The mk2 ZS hatch boot looks flat too going by the pictures on .org.
The Mk2 ZS hatch is far from flat, the curve varies so you can fit badges with different curves but the more curved the badge is the higher up the hatch it will fit!

Maybe that badge is a ZR one then as it looks flat, but it also has a very different number of horizontal lines to my badge and it appears to have less of a domed shape...

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts
The Mk2 ZS hatch is far from flat, the curve varies so you can fit badges with different curves but the more curved the badge is the higher up the hatch it will fit!
I should never trust a photo.:slap:

·
Mk1 ZS180 Saloon XPG
341 Posts
Are they available from the factory i would thought so.
What factory? It closed in 2005 remember.

XPart, the official supplier of new MG Rover spares, haven't had any of these badges for a couple of years now. No point sourcing a new supplier as they only fit cars that had a production run of a year.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts