MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Ahhh. It's good to be back.....
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi folks,

I'm contemplating selling my much loved ZS MK2. I would like/ need a ZT-T or alike which means this one might have to go (as long as I get the right price).

Anyway.....

Around 36k on the clock, MOT'd til Feb 2011, Mint condition on the inside apart from the usual wear on the drivers side leather as you get in. The previous owner did that but I've not added to it.

Engine has been very well looked after. No VIS problems, no oil leaks, Sheddist clutch kit, oil catch tank fitted, inner wing ITG setup, all oil replaced at MG dealer end of last year with fully synthetic. Crystal clear coolant and I actually polish the engine every clean so its pretty tidy in there. See pics:

The car has been lowered with Moto-Build springs. I have the originals still.

Full stainless Janspeed exhaust system including decat and duplex exhaust.

There is a rear lower strut brace fitted. Purchased from Moto-Build.

The rear badge has been removed and I have put on a decal but I still own the badge and you can put it back on if needed.

Bad points: There is a dink in the passenger rear door. Hasn't gone through primer so I didn't bother getting it done. All the wheels have slight scuffs - apparently the previous owners wife did it. Not bad though as I don't care and I am picky.

I have only tried to "mod" in a tasteful way. The MK2 is amazing looking so no need to go over the top. The ride height was lowered because I think it looks too high otherwise. The badge can be stuck back on - no harm done and thats about it! Basically I have kept every bit I have replaced including all exhaust components (apart from back box as that was done before I got it) so you can convert it back to standard if you so wish.

Any questions please ask away on here if possible so we can keep it honest and above board. Because prices for these things are all over the place I think its best for you to PM with me with suggestions if you are interested. I am not greedy but I'm not stupid either so don't send me stupid bids. I'm not totally sure I can bring myself to sell it to be honest so if people start to take the **** I will pull it!!

Anyways - some more pics. The boot ones were taken before I did the decal but you get the gist!

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
Keep it :)

·
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I might just!

·
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would be interested in px'ing /swapping for a ZT-T CDTI

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
If you need help putting it back to standard to sell it I'll happily trade full exhaust system with you. For a fee of course. But I won't ask for much.

·
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah - great idea - how much will you charge me?

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Hmmm, if you did all the labour... I reckon we could stay the right side of a couple of hundred quid :p

Seriously though, if it's worth the effort and would help the sale I'd give you a resonable price to swap. Also I know someone who would be interested in sheddist kit and lower strut brace but I can't see anyone putting that much effort into removing mods if I am honest.

·
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've just cleaned her and she told me to keep her, turn her into a fully blown street legal track car and buy a "Dirty Derv" ZT-T as a family car.......

I just don't think I can do it to her....

·
Its a V8 user thing...
2,122 Posts
Sounds like a plan :D

I did something similar

I've just cleaned her and she told me to keep her, turn her into a fully blown street legal track car and buy a "Dirty Derv" ZT-T as a family car.......

I just don't think I can do it to her....

·
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just need the funding for the ZT-T and to keep the ZS. The ideal is to keep the ZS as a trackday car.

I just need a big boot for family chores and a derv for ecomony. Plus my 3 year girl old tells me my car is too loud and thinks that every time I press the pedal I'm going too fast and tells mummy......

1 - 16 of 16 Posts