MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Out Of Touch
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers, am considering going down the dual exit route, though not sure if the second pipe will be just for show or if i can get an actual second backbox connected.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
What they do is use a back box with 2 exits, they then route a second pipe around the spare wheel well and out the other side.

·
Out Of Touch
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That might look a bit odd, especially on these cold mornings when theres white plumes of water vapour only pouring out of one exit.
I know, i probably won't do that but was just thinking about doing it for budget reasons. I'm not sure what my backbox is, i dont think its standard though.

Best picture of it i've got im afraid

·
Registered
376 Posts
Is there not supposed to be a piece of plastic trim between the bumper and the metal heat shield (possibly comes with the heat shield?)

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
There is a plastic gasket between the heat shield and the bumper, you can just see the edge of it in the pic.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Have you already got the necessary pipe for the second exit, what have you used/bought? will you match up the finishers? Plume by me are very resonable and accomodating when ive needed exhaust modifications and have charged me £35 to slice an all in one custom exhaust for me in the past and weld gaskets on [that i supplied] to join them back up. Not saying drive to brum but i do know some plumes offer that service.

If you do go the twin exit route i would consider fitting an actuator like on the TF's so that you can cut one off for those dronie motorway journeys. Theres a thread somewhere where a guys actually done this.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts