MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
ZS180 MK1
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Gone back to an Astra now, so looking for interest before trade it in!

It's a 'fast' car, handles great

Mk1 ZS180 Saloon

Extreme Spoiler

Trophy Blue

Mk2 ZS 17" wheels, good condition tyres with loads of live left

MOT- 10 Months - only advisory is the front number plate is cracked

Tax- 31/12/2011

Milage- 83,000

The car has a few scratches, most noticably on the rear bumper passenger side.

Apart from the MK2 wheels, the body of the car is all standard, inc the spoiler!

Has few minor dings and scratches around, biggest one is the rear bumper on the passenger side. Its not cracked, just scratched.

Will come with a sony cd player, and also has amp wires in the boot, although these will need connecting to the radio, and an amp!
There is some FLi's in the door, and 6x9 alpines on the rear deck

The drivers bolster has a little wear, from getting in and out, but generally the interior is in good nick.

I will try to get some pics up of the interior, but its half leather, and the leather parts are black and blue.

Looking for around £1300, open to sensible offers.

·
ZS180 MK1
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Even if people are not interested in buying, any pointers/tips/opinions. Is the pricing right?
Utlimately, posting a car in a car forum for which everyone has that car, its not going to sell, but would appreciate any info for when it goes to the bay.

·
Registered
361 Posts
It's a comprehesive write up mate - maybe too detailed. You might be better off in the ebay advert scoping over some of the detail and letting the potential buyer find them when you get them at the door with cash in their pocket ....

Pricing is always going to be the discussion point though. If you've not got the receipts for the belts - it's £500 off straight away - again though - that's only if a buyer knows about the belts issue and costs.

If I were you - I'd get the Mk2 alloys off and get some straights on - I think they suit the Mk1 better and you'll make £100 - £150 on the alloys.

In my opinion - a mint Mk1, so no issues, with belts done and 6 months tax and test is £1500 tops. I'll get slaughtered for saying it, but it's my view as Mk2s are changing hands for £1500.

Good luck selling though mate ..... Buyers market for V6s just now.

·
ZS180 MK1
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info.
With all the detail, I can do with taking some off, but as on the forum I will be clear and consise, the people here help and so wouldn't be right to not include all info.

Im pretty sure the belt has been done, the engine has never missed a beat, and let's be honest, I didnt buy the V6 to drive slowly...!

Well I guess its trying to get what I can for it, if I trade in I might get £1k, (paying the rest as cash), but I know that the garage well then sell it on for £1500.

I think I would take £1200-£1300 for the car with all the radio in it tbh, as the astra I want I can go double DIN, but this kenwood radio cost me £200 and it a fantastic radio, had it in 3 different cars!

When this goes on ebay I'll set a reserve of £1200, unless the garage does me a good deal trade in+ cash

Also, compared to how this car was when I bought it, its a completely different machine now. Apart from a few cosmetics, its a good car. First day I had it was when it snowed really heavy last year, and it was 50 miles to get it home!

Personally I think the MK2 wheels suit the car better, and my straights are on ebay at the moment!

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
If you are trading the car in you'd be better with the original wheels on it, dealers like standard cars.

The mk2 alloys will fetch more on their own.

·
ZS180 MK1
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Editted post a little to reduce the size a bit. Open to offers on this as I have now bought my new car!

·
ZS180 MK1
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Anyone interested?

Can anyone tell me what its worth if I break it? Don't really want to kill a decent running car, but if its the only way to sell, then needs are a must!

·
ZS180 MK1
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Mk1 wheels are already gone, and they needed new tyres all around, which I didnt want to splash out on when there is good tyres on the mk2's.

I already have my new car, so just really wanna get this sold. Its generally a good clean model and I find it hard that no one on ebay took it up for £900 when the sell trade at £1500~, at least in my area for a similar year/milage.

But now I just need it sold, the quicker it sells the more MOT and Tax it will have too!

·
ZS180 MK1
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I do think that the MK2 wheels are better, but I'm not gonna start discussions on that.

The reason why I think the belt have been done is there is a worn, but still legible, Gates sticker under the bonnet on the left wheel arch, with 69,300 (near that anyway) written on it.

Its back on ebay now for £800, see if it sells I guess. If it doesn't sell by the end of december I will have to look into other options as it is taxed until then, and I wont be allowed to keep it in the car park untaxed.

·
Mk1 ZS180 Saloon XPG
341 Posts
Your ebay tactics are wrong. Punters don't like bidding on things that have a start price quite close to the actual value of the item being sold. I would have set a reserve at something like the start price and list it for 99p.

The belts issue could still be a barrier to a sale though. Saying that you think they have been done is a non-starter, it's a £500 minimum job and I would expect to see an invoice for the work.

Not only that, the bottom has fallen out of the 180 market in the last few months. I have a 2003 with 42k on it, belts done, great nick but would still struggle to see over £1500 at the moment.

·
'Him' is everywhere!
3,146 Posts
Why not get intouch with Gates quoting the Reg No or VIN No and see if they can give you any written or faxed proof that the belts have been done? Might just be worth a phone call...

·
ZS180 MK1
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Your ebay tactics are wrong. Punters don't like bidding on things that have a start price quite close to the actual value of the item being sold. I would have set a reserve at something like the start price and list it for 99p.

Done.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts