MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for a mk1 mg zs 180, looking to spend around £1500 with belts done, please reply or pm me. Thanks, nath

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts
Don't buy a mk1 off "The Smaz" if he's selling. It has a stolen part in it!:irked:

·
Banned
1 Posts
What stolen part?
We met up some time ago, Christina and Paul had a spare power valve that i wanted to test on my 180. After that we never got to arrange the swap back and now i've apparently stolen the part.

The reason i'm selling is because i have the chance to buy a mk2 180 for a reasonable price.

I'm shocked to see i've been labled a thief becuase of this. I've messaged/emailed chsitina and i'm awaiting a reply.

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts
We met up some time ago, Christina and Paul had a spare power valve that i wanted to test on my 180. After that we never got to arrange the swap back and now i've apparently stolen the part.

The reason i'm selling is because i have the chance to buy a mk2 180 for a reasonable price.

I'm shocked to see i've been labled a thief becuase of this. I've messaged/emailed chsitina and i'm awaiting a reply.
You did arrange with Paul to meet again outside Halfords on a Sunday at 5pm (Remember "I can't make it this Sunday, make it next Sunday"). We waited for over an hour and you failed to show up. You haven't contacted either of us to give a reason why you failed to appear or to arrange another meeting.

Paul did say you could "borrow" the valve to see if it fixed your problem. You PMed Paul saying the new valve hadn't fixed your problem so it was arranged to meet again and swap the valves back over. I for one would not be happy for you just to keep the valve considering the cost of a replacement.

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts
Ok guys well im back in a 180, an xpg one this time, i love it and glad im back :)
Congratulations! Get some pics up when you get the chance.:)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well lets just say it wasnt the best example out there, i really should of walked away!!! but then i thought it could do with a bit of tlc and felt sorry for her so i bought it for a bargain price, at the end of the day its only going to be are kiddie taxi and have the occasional blast to the coast now and then, I was impressed with the test drive tho, drives very well better than my previous ones, the vis motors kick in at the right revs, the clutch bites really wel and is nice and light, and no manifold rattles whatsoever! it was when i lifted the bonnet it had a cm of dirt and dust over it, i just felt so sorry for it and thought the need to rescue her!!!

Now after 4 hrs of scrubbing inc a good wash she shines good as new,
to give a understanding of how bad the engine bay was i used my wheel sponge that iv had for 2 yrs or so, i had to chuck it away it was tht bad, and scrub my bucket in the sink to get it clean (ish) again. Its had the belts done and only has 66k on it, all in all with a bit of tlc she will be good as new in my hands, i will post pics up as soon as iv done all the bits im planning for her :)

·
back in my 3rd 180
222 Posts
sounds no to bad mate,a wee wash an that bring her back to life,as you say vis motors,belts etc all fine,all you need is a back box,well done mate

1 - 14 of 14 Posts