MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
could someone please tell me if the mk 2 boot from a mk 2 180 saloon will fit straight on to a mk 1 180?.

cheers
lee

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my intension is to get the number plate placed were it is on the mk2 as i was aware that the mk 2 boot takes the mk 1 rear lights,a i rite or wrong?

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts
my intension is to get the number plate placed were it is on the mk2 as i was aware that the mk 2 boot takes the mk 1 rear lights,a i rite or wrong?
The mk2 number plate and lights are on the rear bumper so not sure how you would re-route the wiring.:dunno:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
didnt think of that so thanks for bringing it to my attension,ill sort something out i suppose,but the trouble is finding a mk 2 rear boot,trtied loads of scrappys to no aval so if anyone no's of anyone who has one i have cash waiting!

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
thanks for that pete,just joined so thets see if any luck,do you use them yourself?
Yes, I've used them a few times now, the only problem as Ritchy says is that the prices for some parts can be a bit steep.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
general way with the net but, if you actually go to scrappies n get hing its cheap s anything
for example i went to scrappies needing bits for my zr when i was doing it up, got a parcel shelf in mint condition, two wiring looms, boot actuator, aerial base, crash bar, tool kit and holder in mint cond, full set of speakers, loads of screws, assortment of satalite fuses and a couple of other bits all for £30, on the net that would be well over £100

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
couldn't agree more,rather go scrappies for def,theres a scrappy bout 20-30 miles away called bridges,ment to be the biggest in the south and yer they are big but do they ever have anything i want....not a chance!!

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I'd agree, nothing like visiting a scrappy in person to cut the best deal.

The problem down here is lack of suitable cars, I've never seen a 180 in any of our local breakers of either mark

1 - 13 of 13 Posts