MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might be wrong in thinking this, but I think I saw a thread that said that the mister washer jets from Xsara's fit as a replacement. Am I right in thinking this? if I am does anybody know what the part number is?

·
MKII MGZS180
2,314 Posts
Personally I am not a fan of these Citreon jet washers. The mist spray is good but they were never designed for the R45/ZS and so the washers do not sit 100% properly on the bonnet and every time the car get washed, I have to readjust the washers to sit properly again.

Then the mist spray is not that powerful at 70mph. I have reverted back to OE and readjust the nozzles and quite happy with the 4 jets of water.

·
Registered
559 Posts
no. 06438v8 for citroen xsara mists - here 14euros for both in citroen dealer

·
POL Group/MG ZR Owners/MG ZS Owners Club
1,278 Posts
i have them on my Zed and mine never move, there brill better than the OE ones in my opinion they are anyway

·
Registered
200 Posts
i have them on my Zed and mine never move, there brill better than the OE ones in my opinion they are anyway
+1 Mine never move and you use so much less screen wash as you only have to spray a tiny amount as it covers the whole screen. Great buy for any Zed!!

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Is there a good tip for getting the OE ones out??

I bought some new ones about a year ago, had a go at pulling the old ones out and whimped out. Thought I'd bend the bonnet rather than get them out, so decided to leave the old one on.

·
Registered
200 Posts
They take a little bit of persuasion Peter but mine came out fairly easily. I doubt you'll bend the bonnet. Like I said, the screenwash lasts twice as long ;)

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
warm them with a hairdryer first peter, plastic goes brittle after a while, but warming it will make it soft and easier to pop out

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
We have them on 3 of our cars, I think they look and work better than O/E.

Peter - are you pushing from behind or pulling from above?
I found the easiest way to remove them was to squese them with some pliers from underneath.

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Cheers for the help guys, will have another go.

Was pushing underneath, Talkingcars, but seemed to want a lot of effort, thats when I chickened out.

I'll get the wife's hairdryer out, plus the pliers and have a good squese and harder push.

:wave:

·
POL Group/MG ZR Owners/MG ZS Owners Club
1,278 Posts
yeh go for it Peter, there loads better than OE ones, push them out, you might find you will need some new tube, i did on mine but easy enough to do matey, go on be brave you will certainly find a difference with the mist spray ones and they look loads better

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've got a coupe of spare sets I could sell at £6.50 posted.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts