MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, We've got Norther and Southern meets what about a "MIDLANDS MEET" nr Oxford? :D

Time: A pub - so the wives can drive home & there's food.

A place: 23 April (Tuesday), or if that's too far away - tomorrow night. :(

Venue: The Snooty Fox on the A420 (it's not my local - just a pub on a main road).

Well??????????????????????

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depends on how many pints Nick needs???

1800 - very tipsy.

2000 - probably a good night.

2200 - missed the action!

NB: I would think tomorrow is really a none starter - no warning for most people! it will aslo be a little warmer and lighter towards the end of the month! :D

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
We are available tomorrow night so if you want to meet tomorrow night and at the end of the month, that's fine with us - we'll come along twice :D
What do you think? I quite fancy a night out :)

I get home about 6pm and Nick at about 6:30-7:00pm so 8pm is probably going to be better - might be able to make 7:30 if Nick can get home a bit earlier....

·
MG ZT-T 190
6,716 Posts
When I saw the thread I was expecting to see a meet somewhere in Birmingham area, never thought of Oxford as the Midlands!!

'Im still trying to get some people together for Eastern area ie. Cambs, Essex Norfolk and Suffolk!

Kelvin

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
<'Im still trying to get some people together for Eastern area ie. Cambs, Essex Norfolk and Suffolk! >

i'm up for that kelvin!

kev

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
N & NY

Will let you know about tomorow later when "She who must be obeyed return" - I doubt it. Unless we can persuade some others to join us at short notice.

Jerry:confused:

PS Kev/Kelv - go on then when are you having your EAST Midland meet?

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
OK - sounds good.

Will be a shame if you can't come tomorrow, but if that's the case then it'll just have to wait until the end of the month I suppose
:(

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Anyone wishing to come along to the Snooty Fox on 23rd April at 8pm, let me know via this thread or by PM by 19th April as I am booking a table for us!

Numbers must be finalised by 19th April am!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Apathy in Oxfordshire! Or is it Oxfordshire is apathetic?

So the Midlands Meet has 2 couples? Apathy from the southerners. Would be nice to see a few others - is it the lack of driving around "Morse" country that puts you off?

Would you rather drive - then sign up for the Kernahan Track Day too?

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Doesn't look like I'll be booking a table for more than 4 does it Jerry?

Ah well, we'll still have a good time :D :D :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Apathetic MGR Drivers!

I'm sure we will - but where is the comradry? Maybe not on this particular topic - but on the other threads - Kernahan Track Day - Rally Day at Castle Combe - BTCC events? Not sure of the www.mg-xtra.co.uk events posted (thanks for the link Ian).

Come on guys & girls if you are proud of your machines then show the rest of them that you are!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Unfortunately we won't have the ZT as it is going back to the garage to have it's repairs repaired (they didn't fix the bodywork properly after the accident).

So we'll be in the 25 :D

Got to be better than showing up in a Nissan Micra anyway :(

·
Registered
63 Posts
"Z" Meeting Place

Hi Jerry,

Please include me in the gathering on Tuesday evening.

I would appretiate if you could be my camera man for the evening
and take some shots of the ZT-T for the Web-Site.

Alan & Christine

p.s.
Not being a frequenter of watering holes, where is The Snooty Fox on the A420

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Alan,

I am booking the table tomorrow am - does that mean you want me to book two places or will you be coming on your own?

Let me know ASAP so I know!

Ta
Nat

1 - 20 of 43 Posts