MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been waiting to get this done recently since I started messing with manifolds and ruined the running of 2 perfectly good cars - such is the price you pay for being an enthusiast.

So off we went to Z & F Tuning to sort out the problems, rectify them and have a mild ECU upgrade completed, the upgrade really enhances the driveablilty of the car, brilliant, smoother and much nicer to drive, plus I also know my AirCon requires topping up and my battery is on its way out !
We were so impressed that we only got a mile down the road after leaving, we both got out of our cars with big smiles on our faces, it is'nt a big increase in power but the whole car just seems to repond better to the right foot - well recommended....

Mark Stacey is a really nice guy and made us very welcome and the "Village Garage" where he is based is an amazing place, just my idea of a country garage, Mark is very knowledgeable, being an ex MGRover development engineer and MGTF racer, he certainly knows all there is to know about the ECU on our cars, however he only does the 4 cylinder cars at the moment.

Mark will be offering discounts to groups who visit together, Christine and I got a really good discount for the 2 cars being done at the same time.

Here are a few pics taken on the day.

And here are some of the others cars in the garage

This is gorgeaous

If you live in the area the garage is certainly worth a visit for any work you want done for MOT's etc
Contact Mark Stokes, The Village Garage, 30 warwick Road, Upper Boddington, NN11 6DH. tel 01327 264614
[email protected]

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
Great Stuff Chris:yup:

Whos is the Riley Pathfinder?

·
19,410 Posts
Thanks for the info Chris:)

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Loving your Mark 2 alloys cjsale, can see what mine would look like in the same colour, Nice one mate!! :thumbup:
Thanks, glad I have convinced you to change, they really do look so much better than the original straights, they just fill the arches that much better due to the extra width. However they also dirty the sides of the car more, you will notice the other car with the yellow sunstrip (mine is the 02 regd car) has the Rover 45 mudflaps, they need converting to fit the front and sealing on with silicone but they keep the sides alot cleaner, mine has to have them fitted yet.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Thanks, glad I have convinced you to change, they really do look so much better than the original straights, they just fill the arches that much better due to the extra width. However they also dirty the sides of the car more, you will notice the other car with the yellow sunstrip (mine is the 02 regd car) has the Rover 45 mudflaps, they need converting to fit the front and sealing on with silicone but they keep the sides alot cleaner, mine has to have them fitted yet.
Nice one mate, my mate Jimmycoupe and myself are after some Mark 2 wheels, seem hard too get hold of at the mo for the right price.

With your remap where do you feel the gains, does it feel more torquey? :)

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice one mate, my mate Jimmycoupe and myself are after some Mark 2 wheels, seem hard too get hold of at the mo for the right price.

With your remap where do you feel the gains, does it feel more torquey? :)

The main gains appear to be in driveability, the car is so much easier to drive and responds instantly to the throttle, but definately feels like there is more torque, however I also have a Pipercross Venom Induction kit, 52mm Throttlebody and XPower Cat back exhaust system, nothing to wild.

The change was noticeable straight away as well, we both stopped a mile down the road with big smiles on our faces.....

There was a more noticeable difference with my car as I had had issues with it since messing with the inlet manifolds, Christines car had the same issues however it had already re-learnt by itself but she still noticed the difference after the tune.

Regarding the 11 spoke wheels, yes they are getting harder to come by it seems, I want another 2 myself as I have another ZS that requires a set, just got to keep your eye on ebay., Peter Burchill/Car13 had access to a few sets of new ones, but they are all gone now. Mine are not in top class condition so will have to get them renovated eventually.
The only downside is they are very easy to Kerb due to the extra width with standard tyres.

Chris

·
Mechanic in disguise!
187 Posts
regarding group discounts, i spoke to z&f a while back as i was interested in a remap, but if he can do a discount for the 120 guys id be up for getting a group together!!

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When I spoke to Mark on monday he is definately interested in doing a discount for a group from the forums, so it would be good to get an idea of people who would be interested.

And it's a nice place to visit to, plus the pub is next door !

·
Mechanic in disguise!
187 Posts
pub next door sounds ace!!!

ill have to start a thread and see how many ppl i can get interested in a remap day :D

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

ill have to start a thread and see how many ppl i can get interested in a remap day :D
Or just make a list on here, I also have people off other forums interested as well (a ZT and a TF so far) only a couple but with you we are up to 3 already and Christine and I got a very good discount for just 2.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Or just make a list on here, I also have people off other forums interested as well only a couple but with you we are up to 3 already and Christine and I got a very good discount for just 2.

Oops sorry duplicated this post can a mod please delete it....

·
Mechanic in disguise!
187 Posts
Or just make a list on here, I also have people off other forums interested as well (a ZT and a TF so far) only a couple but with you we are up to 3 already and Christine and I got a very good discount for just 2.
That sounds like a good plan to me cj, you'll have to keep me updated on the interest from the other forums.

COME ON THEN 4 CYLINDER MG FOLK!!

Anyone who would be interested in a remap day, please put your name down and we'll start building up a list and see how much interest we can create which = more discount haha

·
04/02/2010
417 Posts
I could quiet possibly be interested but depends on cost.:)

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Right so far we have

Evilmonkey - ZS120
Stephen G - ZS110 - possibly
from elsewhere
MGZS Turbo
MGTF

·
Mechanic in disguise!
187 Posts
Right so far we have

Evilmonkey - ZS120
Stephen G - ZS110 - possibly
from elsewhere
MGZS Turbo
MGTF
Is there anyway to give people a "ballpark" figure as to cost CJ?

I cant for the life of me remember how much they quoted me for a one off remap though lol

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update in Interested parties

Evilmonkey - ZS120 Mk2
Stephen G - ZS110 Mk2 - possibly
from elsewhere
Dave Parft - MGZT Turbo
NigelS - MGTF
Michaelb - MGZS120 Mk2

·
19,410 Posts
Chris it may be better for you to make a new thread for this.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Chris it may be better for you to make a new thread for this.

Yes was talking about it with "Evilmonkey", we seem to be getting a bit of interest now, I will sort something out tomorrow, plus Mark has given the discount price of £200 per car for 6 or more cars, maximum 10, regular price is £230/£260 depending on the work done.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts