MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Good choice on buying the TF. Your reasons list was similar to mine, although i never drove an MX 5 coz i was blown away when i drove the TF.

Have had a chance to look at the MX since and i stand by my decision. The MX cockpit looks quite cramped, i really don't like the curvy bodywork, and one thing that really gets me is that horrible quarter window on the doors.

I love the way all the window drops on the TF and leaves the windscreen 'free standing.'

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had the same trouble some months ago. I can only say that the best thing to do is what I did. Look for friends or whoever that allows you to drive them all. I did. After that, I made my decission and bought TF160. Fantastic. I have had it for about six months and feel happier every day.

·
Front wheels steer, rear wheels drive.
12,325 Posts
Why is a tf 160 £20,000 and a zs 180 £16,000?,its half the size with a smaller engine ,2 less doors,no boot,no rear seats etc ,not putting down the 160 in anyway its a great car but how can it be worth more than than a zs180?
Is it just the fact that because its a sports car (like the zs isnt)they know folks will pay more for something more desirable? :confused: When i bought my golf 150 gti tdi it was more expensive than the same model bora which was exactly the same car but bigger with a boot,and when i queried this the salesman just said "no idea,it dont make sense,probabaly down to desirability"and if thats the case how daft are we all?!!!! ;)

·
Registered
86 Posts
davebreen said:
Why is a tf 160 £20,000 and a zs 180 £16,000?,its half the size with a smaller engine ,2 less doors,no boot,no rear seats etc ,not putting down the 160 in anyway its a great car but how can it be worth more than than a zs180?
Is it just the fact that because its a sports car (like the zs isnt)they know folks will pay more for something more desirable? :confused: When i bought my golf 150 gti tdi it was more expensive than the same model bora which was exactly the same car but bigger with a boot,and when i queried this the salesman just said "no idea,it dont make sense,probabaly down to desirability"and if thats the case how daft are we all?!!!! ;)
Got it in one! it's called marketing, "charge what the market will stand" and the TF IS Britains favourite sports car!
I know a chap that deals with a large high street sunglass shop that sells a certain designer sunglasses for £120 and they are made in the Far East for a fiver but people buy them for the desire of the brand name.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts