MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Good choice on buying the TF. Your reasons list was similar to mine, although i never drove an MX 5 coz i was blown away when i drove the TF.

Have had a chance to look at the MX since and i stand by my decision. The MX cockpit looks quite cramped, i really don't like the curvy bodywork, and one thing that really gets me is that horrible quarter window on the doors.

I love the way all the window drops on the TF and leaves the windscreen 'free standing.'

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had the same trouble some months ago. I can only say that the best thing to do is what I did. Look for friends or whoever that allows you to drive them all. I did. After that, I made my decission and bought TF160. Fantastic. I have had it for about six months and feel happier every day.

·
Front wheels steer, rear wheels drive.
12,325 Posts
Why is a tf 160 £20,000 and a zs 180 £16,000?,its half the size with a smaller engine ,2 less doors,no boot,no rear seats etc ,not putting down the 160 in anyway its a great car but how can it be worth more than than a zs180?
Is it just the fact that because its a sports car (like the zs isnt)they know folks will pay more for something more desirable? :confused: When i bought my golf 150 gti tdi it was more expensive than the same model bora which was exactly the same car but bigger with a boot,and when i queried this the salesman just said "no idea,it dont make sense,probabaly down to desirability"and if thats the case how daft are we all?!!!! ;)

·
Registered
86 Posts
davebreen said:
Why is a tf 160 £20,000 and a zs 180 £16,000?,its half the size with a smaller engine ,2 less doors,no boot,no rear seats etc ,not putting down the 160 in anyway its a great car but how can it be worth more than than a zs180?
Is it just the fact that because its a sports car (like the zs isnt)they know folks will pay more for something more desirable? :confused: When i bought my golf 150 gti tdi it was more expensive than the same model bora which was exactly the same car but bigger with a boot,and when i queried this the salesman just said "no idea,it dont make sense,probabaly down to desirability"and if thats the case how daft are we all?!!!! ;)
Got it in one! it's called marketing, "charge what the market will stand" and the TF IS Britains favourite sports car!
I know a chap that deals with a large high street sunglass shop that sells a certain designer sunglasses for £120 and they are made in the Far East for a fiver but people buy them for the desire of the brand name.

·
Registered
90 Posts
The TF body is basicaly hand built. Does the ZS get built on the Rover production line along with the Rover variants? If so, it (the TF) will be more expensive to build.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts