MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Ok, you aint gonna sell it like that, firstly the pictures don't work!

You also don't say what spec it is, what options it has etc etc, sorry it's a terrible ad.

and anyone who has bothered to copy and paste the pic links will be put off by your closing comment (below) , how the hell you going to take the uprated HG off etc etc

"
[PLEASE NOTE:] If the car sells for close to £1100 all the stuff below will be included, if not I will have to take all the bells & whistles out & they wont be included!

* Uprated headgasket & leads just changed
* fantastic condition inside & out (often valeted)
* Full service just done
* Hood in fantastic condition (check 3rd picture)
* 12 months MOT plus tax
* Private plate (Valued @ £250)
* Lots of upgrades (MG green tinted windows, chrome upgrades, alloys in great condition)
* Paint work in great condition
* Plus a tonneau cover
* PLUS!!! Lots of stuff not yet added to the car yet, if it goes for the right price they will be included"

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
just as a pointer, the ad should state

What engine it has (vvc, non vvc, looks like non to me)
Interior - leather, part leather, cloth
hood - condition?
spec
other options
mileage
service history

pics of all the panel
pics of the interior (in daylight!!)
pics of engine bay (clean)
and pics of the boot (front, whatever you want to call it)

what not to put

pics of the trevvy dash at night - terrible!!
pics of terrible aftermarket, boy racer floor mats

text saying if you don't get what you want then your removing unspecified bits from the car

your asking top dollar for an MGF without giving anyone reason to even give it a 2nd look. not to mention winter is just round the corner.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just as a pointer, the ad should state

What engine it has (vvc, non vvc, looks like non to me)
Interior - leather, part leather, cloth
hood - condition?
spec
other options
mileage
service history

pics of all the panel
pics of the interior (in daylight!!)
pics of engine bay (clean)
and pics of the boot (front, whatever you want to call it)

what not to put

pics of the trevvy dash at night - terrible!!
pics of terrible aftermarket, boy racer floor mats

text saying if you don't get what you want then your removing unspecified bits from the car

your asking top dollar for an MGF without giving anyone reason to even give it a 2nd look. not to mention winter is just round the corner.

hello genius, alot of this stuff youve stated has already been taken into consideration, it does state the hood condition, it does state the mileage but thanks for the pointers!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
hello genius, alot of this stuff youve stated has already been taken into consideration, it does state the hood condition, it does state the mileage but thanks for the pointers!
good luck with the sale, nice attitude, you'll go far

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Wheres the popcorn munching smillie when you need one? :sofa:
lol shooting fish in a barrel. all the op's posts are trying to sell that car, with just a tiny bit of effort, and taking all the tat off it, it would sell in no time.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
your up against 337 other mgf's on ebay, from people who can be arsed to put a bit of effort into there ad's.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
so what bits you going to be taking off it then??

·
Registered
1,099 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Advert police are back on the beat. :lol:
Tell me about it, to me its just a car for sale sorry I dont spend all night editing my listings.

Iv put alot of work into this car its still for sale @ £750. Iv had people give me silly offers chavs I know are not going to look after her

Car is £750 ovno Alex - 07974223669

PS I can easily take out the chrome handles, not include the tonneau cover, take off the private plateb its all do-able my Swiss friend

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Tell me about it, to me its just a car for sale sorry I dont spend all night editing my listings.

Iv put alot of work into this car its still for sale @ £750. Iv had people give me silly offers chavs I know are not going to look after her

Car is £750 ovno Alex - 07974223669

PS I can easily take out the chrome handles, not include the tonneau cover, take off the private plateb its all do-able my Swiss friend
firstly I'm not swiss, I just live there ;)

secondly, my point, which your spectacularly failing to grasp, is if you spent just 10 minutes getting some decent pics, linking them properly into the ad / auction, giving the car a half decent write up and description, then you would sell it

having an ad with no pics, only links you have to cut and paste, and terrible pictures when people can be bothered, very little information, not even the basics, and a killer line saying you'll take unspecified bits off the car means no one will give it or you a second look

shill bidding on your own auction, and getting caught doesn't do your credibility any good either.

for £750 the car is a steal

if you don't know how to embed the picture links then just ask!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
seems image shack embedding doesn't work, odd

1 - 20 of 20 Posts