MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got it fired up today on the drive. Much to the dismay of the neighbours :)

I'm off to the Pod this weekend and next weekend to get the fuelling sorted out on boost only.

Then I'll have a baseline tune to play with for the Retro Show weekend in July :)

·
No longer a Rover / MG owner.
1,152 Posts
Good to hear Pel, bring on the 9's!cool2

I will probably see you at the Retro Show.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well!!!

I did a few runs and maxxed the blower out on the new build. She made easy 10.9's with safe timing and rich AFR. The blower maxxes out at 11.5 psi now.

The down side with the blower is that it takes a second or two to reach full boost off the line which is hurting my 60 foot times. Best 60 foot with boost is 1.6 seconds. I used to run low 1.4's with gas. So i decided to put some gas on last Sunday at the Pod. But then I realised that the throttle switch does not fit the new carb. So I lashed the wires to a button which I could hold in my left hand. The problem with this is that I had to launch before I hit the button so still a delay when leaving the line. I stuck a 100 shot on with only 50% from activation and then the other 50% over 1.5 seconds. I used to run 150-200 of gas with 50% and then full power in 0.8 seconds after activation. Long story short... I ran a new PB by accident. Not a big difference but down from 10.29 to 10.23 with less boost and less gas :)

I do have real time vids on my new cam but I'm missing a lead to download them. Luckily my mate Ian Blackett got a slo mo of my first attempt where the car got sideways off the line and I let go of the button just after launch. The slo mo does show when i hit the button as the car leaves the line ok and then as i hit the button the front wheels leave the ground for a while, then as i let the button go and the gas shuts off the excess fuel in the lines dumps in and makes the car look like a diesel tractor for a second :)

Luckily my mates wife took a vid of the 10.23 on her phone. its not great quality but at least i got it on tape :) Even with the phone video you can hear the car leave the line for a few feet before the engine note changes as I hit the button!

First the slo mo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cap5ilbO7gI

And the phone video:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=305977982870978&set=vb.100003763374969&type=2&theater

1 - 5 of 5 Posts