MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I'm thinking of investing in either a TR7V8 (again) or MGB GT V8, later this year or sometime next year.

Can anyone give me an indication of what I can expect to pay for a (well converted), but possibly slightly tatty GT V8 ? If the bodywork is a bit sad it'll be a good bargaining point, as I want to replace certain items with fibreglass/perspex and add a Sebring bodykit. Same for the interior - ripped out, caged, etc...Obviously I don't want to "wreck" a decent car, either!! :eek:

I can gauge TR prices, but don't have much of an idea about those for MGB V8's - Considering they are probably more rare. :rolleyes:

Any clues? URLs of sites with decent info, etc?

Many thanks,
Squizz.

PS - Anyone know if the "Boxer"(?) manifold is still being made? It used 4 SU carbs, instead of the original 2. A cheap way of getting more fuel/air into that Rover V8 lump... :D

·
Which one shall I drive today?
6,507 Posts
I haven't heard anything about an MGB GT V8 since I was at college in the late eighties, and one of the "mature" students had one.
Looked great in gloss black with cream leather.

Good luck with the search

·
Front wheels steer, rear wheels drive.
12,325 Posts
this was 3 years ago ,,,,doubt hes still online waiting for an answer :crackup

·
Registered
569 Posts
Squizz,

When I first started reading Retro Cars, they had a feature on what you are attemting.

I think it's a great project, but as you have said, better you start of with something a little ropey, rather than a good'un.

You should be able to pick up a runner for under £500 (1800cc) for you to convert.

ATB

Simon

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
MGB GT V8, rarely find a good one under 5K. (That's not tip top condition price, just one that runs well with a decent shell)

Ours cost us almost 6k (3.5 Litre) when we bought it a few years back. It could do with a good home as Geoff hasn't got the time for it, I'll try and persuade him we need the room in the garage. ;)

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Not seen much of him recently as very busy with work but will discuss as it doesn't seem fair to me to have it squirrelled away when there are people out there wanting to give them the attention they deserve.

(Plus I'd like the room in the garage for a little track project myself ;) ) Just wait untill I have that ring on my finger - 4 weeks tomorrow.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Anyone out there that might be interested in an original GT V8?

One previous owner. Exc Cond, no restoration ever!

Damask red, black webasto and totally standard..

Not sure on miles. I know it had 57k miles on it when my dad bought it 12 years ago but it ain't really been anywhere since!

ZTV8 is new toy now.

Oh, sorry, not totally std, it does have a rather fruity motobuild straight thro on it :D

Cheers

Paul

1 - 10 of 10 Posts