MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
The data on that site is so badly flawed that no conclusions can be drawn, however it is probably fair to say that sales are low due to the limited engine choices.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The data on that site is so badly flawed that no conclusions can be drawn, however it is probably fair to say that sales are low due to the limited engine choices.
Yeah true, i think a diesel model would sell, its an alternative to the insignia, 9-3 etc.

A 'hot' version would be nice.

·
Passionate about MGR.Cars.
4,082 Posts
Just had a quick look on howmanyleft.co.uk, looks like the 6 isnt doing too well so far.

http://howmanyleft.co.uk/?q=mg+6

Shame really, but it just looks like any other modern car on the road, needs sunspot yellow and 19's haha.
Complete rubbish, doesn't even list the Magnette (saloon) & I have a customer with one.

Plus there is this:-

Today the SMMT released new car registration figures for September 2011.

For the MG6, the figures are :

September = 43

And previous months ...

August = 11

July = 36

June = 48

May = 50

April = 11

Total Registrations April ~ September 2011 = 199

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
Since MG don't actually put the name Magnette on the car I suspect that the hatch and saloon are lumped together in the SMMT figues.

I don't think the how many left figs are right at all.

Even so I bet Ford are trembling in their shoes at the MG6 sales....

·
Learned member
1,389 Posts
they sold 500 to a car rental company though, so wheres those numbers?
That deal was announced early June, the Dept for Transport figures run till the end of June.

They aren't in the SMMT figures though either, maybe they haven't been delivered yet or maybe they aren't coming to the UK at all, maybe they are Avis in China.

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
That deal was announced early June, the Dept for Transport figures run till the end of June.

They aren't in the SMMT figures though either, maybe they haven't been delivered yet or maybe they aren't coming to the UK at all, maybe they are Avis in China.
I've seen somewhere that Avis isn't a job lot of 500, its actually 500 over one or two years iirc

·
Still not cured of MG addiction
7,110 Posts
It seems to me that although the car is good value, it isn't enough of a saving compared to the competition to offset the risks of buying.

I don't think them ending up on rental fleets is going to help residuals either when it's supposed to be a sports car.

Having said that if you can hire them I'd definitely be up for getting one for a day or a weekend to try out. I do find it an interesting car.

·
The Green Machine
3,920 Posts
They've just launched a pretty good offer.
5 months free fuel, 4 years road tax, 3 years roadside and a 5 year warranty.
That's got to be £2000 worth of extra. If they can offer 0% and a good buy back price, alot of people would be tempted.

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
They've just launched a pretty good offer.
5 months free fuel, 4 years road tax, 3 years roadside and a 5 year warranty.
That's got to be £2000 worth of extra. If they can offer 0% and a good buy back price, alot of people would be tempted.
Think people would be more tempted if they took £2k off the price tbh

1 - 18 of 18 Posts