1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
951 Posts
That's pretty competitively priced for a tidy sized car, decent engine (stop laughing) with a leather interior at less than £15k.

I'm not sure how good a comparison it is, but a VW Jetta with 160bhp retails at over £20k with leather.

·
Sideways on Fire
158 Posts
This car is sooo ugly it hurts :(

·
Registered
647 Posts
would look so much better with better/bigger alloys and lower suspension.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
I,m not so sure about it think the wheels look to small and defo need bigger ones . The other thing that concerns me is the 160bhp gona be the quickest one they do in this model. If so its not gona be that hot is it they could do with at least 220bhp to compete with the likes of the fords and vauxhalls . come on mg give us some real power i,m sure if MGR would have still been alive they would have been giving us something special to give the fords and vauxhalls a run for there money

·
It's a big fan
3,218 Posts
I,m not so sure about it think the wheels look to small and defo need bigger ones .
I think 18 inch wheels are big enough for a medium sized car aren't they :confused:
The other thing that concerns me is the 160bhp gona be the quickest one they do in this model. If so its not gona be that hot is it they could do with at least 220bhp to compete with the likes of the fords and vauxhalls . come on mg give us some real power i,m sure if MGR would have still been alive they would have been giving us something special to give the fords and vauxhalls a run for there money
160bhp is only the first that they will do, the new 3.6L V6 they are developing should be big enough for you?

Does it need a bigger power socket?

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
I think 18 inch wheels are big enough for a medium sized car aren't they :confused:

160bhp is only the first that they will do, the new 3.6L V6 they are developing should be big enough for you?

Ah that sounds more like it any idea what sort of power they are hoping to get from that 3.6 unit ?

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
Its not the size of the wheels themselves, its how they "look" on the car.
To me it looks how a ZS would if you fitted 10" wheels off the original mini.
To "look" right it needs something like 25" rims to take your eyes off the acres of bodywork.
Front end needs a facelift - would be better without the damaged looking front spoiler and better shaped lights & grille, also lowering the number plate location would lower the look of the front end.

·
Registered
647 Posts
the alloys on the car in the ebay advert are NOT 18" more like 15/16".

·
Registered
951 Posts
Good shout - the car shown is Chinese spec. and I have read that they do have smaller wheels with higher profile tyres to give a better ride on China's bumpy roads and that European spec. models would get bigger wheels / lower profile tyres.

·
Registered
976 Posts

Hmm I wonder if this will fit in my zs!?

·
It's a big fan
3,218 Posts
As Gary said, the car on ebay is a Chinese spec car, built in China so they will be 17" wheels as used by the Chinese as some of their roads are no more than gravel tracks, the UK version built at Longbridge will have 18" wheels.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts