MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mums mg ztt's battery light has come on and the battery seems to be loosing its charge when the car is sitting over night. I have checked the alternator and its charging the battery. I have heard of a drain hole near the ecu can get blocked and can cause a problem. Can anybody tell me where to find this drain? If its not that what else could it be?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The car is a 54 plate. When I finish work I'm got a battery that I can try in the car. Thanks for the reply!

·
Its a V8 user thing...
2,122 Posts
If you take the scuttle panel off you will find the pollen filter, the drain is below that. the other two are either end just below the bonnet hinge. I use two core electrical wire as a cleaner.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have tried another battery and the battery light stayed on! Is there anything else that it could be! I have checked the alternator and it putting out over 13 volt when the car is running.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
the altenator should be charging around 14-14.6volts, theres the actual main cable that comes out the altenator that charges the battery, and theres the smaller cable that turns the battery light off, unless theres a multiplug with a few cables which means its got smart charge(this still puts the battery light out)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts