MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi , just wonderd if there are anythings to look out for on the diesel zt-t? any thing that is prone to going or needs replacing.. hope some one can help

cheers luke.

·
Ahhh. It's good to be back.....
1,454 Posts
Some engine sensors (can't remember which) can get clogged up on diesels. 75 - ZT forum is good for this info.

Althought people go on about the engine being a BMW engine I'm not sure it was the best engine they ever made and it is quite agricultural. CDTi's command a premium which I don't think are worth paying for. I bought the 1.8t as it was the best all round for cheap running and not sounding like a tractor.

Airbag lights come on all the time in most ZT's and ZT-T's as the switch's under the chairs come loose. You just need to reach under and squeeze them together sometimes.

In mine the rubber around the window in the boot comes loose sometimes and needs putting back in place.

MK2's probably have a bit less noise protection as part of the cost savings. The wing mirrors are different and cost less on the mk2 as they started using the same ones as the 25/zr/45/zs.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah thanks for the help ive been doing a bit more research on them and as you say i dont think its worth the hassle, and i found out the clutch cost a friggin fortune if it ever goes.

tbh my car is relaible and ive spent alot of time making it nice and i do really enjoy it and its well serviced and looked after so as far as im concerned im stick with the zs its a great car and it will be even better once cams and the diff are fitted :D bokked in on the 14th of april for the diff cant wait might even give it a blast at pod to see what time it acheives.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts