MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MG ZT 135+ CDTi . Rare low mileage example ( 41.7 k currently).

2006 (56) plate but currently showing a personal plate XP04WER

Ignition Blue

Cruise control, Zenons, Half leather plus grey alcantara trim, CD auto changer in boot powered by standard radio cassette.

Full Walnut trim from Rover 75 (plus the original silver technical trim and leather steering wheel) also includes walnut steering wheel (£200), walnut handbrake (£20), walnut gear knob (£75)

£7500 with XP04WER plate + performance parts (synergy 2, EGR bypass, K&N etc) + walnut trim

£7000 without the XP04WER plate, but with the performance parts + walnut trim.

£6500 without the walnut trim, XP04WER plate, performance parts (synergy 2, EGR bypass, K&N etc)

Just had new front brake pads fitted by Beech Hill Garage. Just been to Scotland for a weeks holiday and the car never missed a beat. Great for cruising up the motorway.

Very comfortable and totally reliable.

Reason for sale - we don't need such a big car & we have bought a Fiat 500

Pictures can be seen here: http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2131778.htm

Tel.01189 443411 for further details.

·
Ahhh. It's good to be back.....
1,454 Posts
I think you are about £3000 overpriced!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's one for £6k with 78k miles on the clock on an 06 plate:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2006-MG-MGF-ZT-Standard-1951cc-Diesel-/280528494565
Mine's a 56 plate car with a lot less miles, £500 worth of walnut trim, £500 worth of other extras, plus a personal plate worth about £1500. Which makes' mine not £3k overpriced; but actually a bargain. Low mileage diesel ZT's are rare.
If it had a petrol engine then yes you would be right about the price - but the BMW diesel engined cars will hold their value better than their petrol equivalents.

·
Biomorphic and the sun,perfection
3,290 Posts
Mine's a 56 plate car with a lot less miles, £500 worth of walnut trim, £500 worth of other extras, plus a personal plate worth about £1500. Which makes' mine not £3k overpriced; but actually a bargain. Low mileage diesel ZT's are rare.
If it had a petrol engine then yes you would be right about the price - but the BMW diesel engined cars will hold their value better than their petrol equivalents.
Blimey,think I'll ask for £9000 for mine then,pity it's not a diesel............:)

·
1,454 Posts
I'm sorry mate but they don't. If you look around you can find excellent ones for about 4.

I hope you sell though! Not trying to p u off

·
1,454 Posts
Just looked at that link. Thats been on there for at least two months. It was on there when I was trying to sell my car.

·
Still not cured of MG addiction
7,110 Posts
Any MG with a newer plate than a 54/05 doesn't command a premium, it's a technicality. The factory closed in May 2005!

I'm with Guesty on this one, a bit overpriced, maybe not quite by 3k. Good luck with the sale though, it does look very impressive indeed and good to see an MG looked after so well, we have said a few times on here recently lots are not cared for any more.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
>I'm sorry mate but they don't. If you look around you can find
>excellent ones for about 4.

You can buy a nice petrol one for that price yes, but not a low mileage diesel. Show me another 2005/6 plated ZT diesel with the same mileage for less money - you can't because their aren't any! The only one which comes close is this 55 plate car which is £500 more than mine.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201038368976821

·
1,454 Posts
Looks nice - good luck!

Just bought a ZT-T Xpower grey. I'm going to clean her up and post some pics

·
1,454 Posts
And I don't think its got the Rover 75 wood bits

·
one knackered knee!
28 Posts
Thats a much lower spec ZT than Martins one, higher mileage too.

Good luck with the sale, rare colour that.

Jim

·
The Green Machine
3,920 Posts
My dad could well of been interested, but its overpriced. Book price is nearer £3800.

Surely wou would want to sell it with all the bits aswell?

·
Registered
398 Posts

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Good luck with your sale, it looks a tidy car, as to it's value, who knows, whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

One thing, you keep linking to cars on dealers forecourts, they are a higher price than you could ask as a privete seller.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts