MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought this from goldie end of last year with the intention of doing it up, however finding very little time to actually get it done
its a mk1, trophy yellow 180, very early commision numbr 475!
approx 98,000 miles

things i know, good points:
-reciepts for new clutch 2010 and "clutch servo" which im guessing means slave cylinder
-stainless cat back exhaust system on the car
-interior is in good condition, yellow monaco seats, just a small rip in the drivers seat at the side(full interior will be taken out and vaxed before anyone buys it including floor carpet(already done the rear seats))
-body work is actually pretty good on it, ive just fitted a good condition front bumper to it,
-new MG badges front and back
-new numberplates
-4 legal tyres and 4 alright condition straights with metal centre caps
-rover 45 headlights

bad points i know about:
-car has a running fault when it gets hot suddenly it can develop a misfre, i've not had any time to look at this but the speed at which it comes on i would recon a coil pack going down, runs fine from cold and have left it idling for an hour with no problem, fan cutting in and out okay
-eml light was on, when i scanned it, it came up with hego(lambda) sensor faults, ive moved the wiring and its gone out...again not had time to look at this...
-car doesnt have an MOT or TAX at the moment.
-inlet manifold is noisy
-needs at least new brake pads all round, could probably get away with cleaning the discs up
-osf c.v. boot is ripped needs replaced, boot kit isnt expensive could supply one if needed
-one of the front to rear brake pipes has some corrosion on it, may clean up, rest dont look too bad from what ive seen
-both front wings have small amount of rust at the bottom...it is a 11 year old car now, rest of the cars pretty good few marks here and there as you would expect
-couple of door handles are loose

cant think of anything else at the moment. as i say i havent had a chance to properly look at it, any inspections are welcome, i have a jack ect here if you want to look underneath ect
not got any pics of the car with the straights on at the moment , they are silver but i think they would look nicer black, but you get the idea below
id be looking at £550 for the car...its all it owes me, thats less than ive actually put into it at the moment. i would like to see it going to a good home, would make a very nice track car as well, quite eye catching in yellow
any questions can P.M. me ect

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks peter, it is quite a nice car just can't justify owning it really when i already have my other zs

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Pity, as it must be one of the first off the line, have to give some of the museums a call and see if they might be interested.

Future classic and in the best colour!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Pity, as it must be one of the first off the line, have to give some of the museums a call and see if they might be interested.

Future classic and in the best colour!!!!
475 !! pha a youngster compared to my 255 ;)

nice looking car shame not closer as would have been tempted for a stable mate for mine

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Even better, look after it.

We have Beaulie Motor Museum down here, not got any Zeds in there yet.

Been round Haynes, cant remember if they have any.

Sure something could be arranged re. picking up.

:wave:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haha, still available anyway, no real rush to shift it, but will probably be starting work on it soon so wouldnt be this price

1 - 9 of 9 Posts