MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, after doing loads of fruitless searching for my former pride and joy, I wonder if anyone else can help me locate it?

I sold it to SteveCleanz' bro in January 2009 for a meagre sum and I've since heard that he moved it on not so long afterwards as he wasn't putting any miles on it and couldn't afford to run it etc.

Since then it seems to have disappeared and worryingly I've just checked the DVLA website and it appears to have not been taxed in July 2010.

Has it been crashed? Has it been chavved up with a dodgy Scooby bonnet scoop and some cr4p Halfrauds alloys? Did the cambelts never get done and that unique KV6 finally go pop? Or, is someone the proud owner of it and is looking after it just like I did for nigh on 6 years?

Any pointers would help :confused: :( :dunno:

Here's what it looked like shortly before I tearfully parted with it...

BMC CDA Induction,
Piper Cat-Back 100mm Slash-Cut Zorst,
Zorstec 100cpi Stainless Sports-Cat,
Janspeed Stainless Manifolds,
X-Power Springs,
MG Logo Mudflaps,
Toyo Proxes T1-R Tyres,
Full Rear Headrest Kit,
Monogram Red Leather Steering Wheel,
'MG - 100% British Beef' Number Plates,
Uprated 100w Headlamp Kit,
Alpine ICE

J:)

·
Wrote off but not Dead YET !!!
4,803 Posts
it was up for sale not so long ago, cant remeber where i seen it though, it was at this years pride of longbridge, and it was my cousin that had it lol, i had the inlet manifold and the BMC off it just before he PX'd it in :)

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hmm, suggests its either dead or off the road in some yard somewhere rotting away... not good :(

That's a belting inlet manifold you have then Steve, the VIS motors were totally re-soldered and the switches properly fixed and glued down. Once I had them done they were absolutely bombproof. The action on the manifold was always smooth and free and never faltered.

Wish I'd known he was going to part with it as soon as he did Steve, I'd have bought it back off him!

If the car still is alive, albeit with a butchered engine, I'd still love to know where. Its probably worth less than a grand nowadays and I'd probably try and find the spondoolies to try and bring it back to health and back into a proper home if the current owner was interested.

Its funny how some cars get under your skin. Sure there are a million and one better built and more modern cars out there, but few have the character and driver satisfaction of a properly fettled MG ZS180 :MG: - And with things going as they are with authorities dictating terms to car manufacturers about CO2 and other nonsense like that, we're not ever going to see anything like the ZS180 again :(

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I remember you saying so at the time mate. In hindsight, I wish you had too!

I just remember it being a bit of a one off that car. The engine was as sweet as any KV6 I'd ever seen and it consistently scored highly on power/torque at the various rolling road days it attended. The engine was bombproof and was given loads of TLC with regular oil changes and cleaning etc. It was a belter and not once did it let me down in 6 years.

I wish my current Seat Leon Cupra R had half as much character and was nearly as reliable. Its not a bad car and the things that have gone wrong are typical glitches with the type of car, but it doesn't stir the soul or reward anything like as much as the Zed did :(

Someone must know where it is? :confused:

·
Wrote off but not Dead YET !!!
4,803 Posts
This is the the only pic i have of it from longbridge, so if you can work out who's the others cars are next to it then worth asking them

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's superb Steve. Almost had a little teary moment just then seeing it again.

Thankfully it looks like whoever has it seems to be an enthusiast (otherwise why would he/she be at the event?)..

It seems that the lights have been changed too so that the indicators have been de-oranged... I always meant to do that but never got around to it.

I see that the additional badging, mudflaps and monogram steering wheel are still in place, which is good...

Anyone else any ideas? (or does anyone else recognise any of the other cars in the pic?)

Cheers anyway,

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Orange grove ZS in the background? That has to be a one off?
I wish I had bitten your arm off for this too, shame your timing with selling was slightly out.

Best of luck with it.

That's not Boon65's yellow one is it? He's a very helpful chap.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wonder if its someone on .org?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts