MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there need some help as im a newbie to all this forum buisness need help with my 2001 mg zs 2.5 im having problems starting the car after its been running.example if i leave the car for a couple of hrs it will start first time everytime but once going if i stop and turn the engine off it will not start up again.sometimes it takes 10 mins to start other times ive waited 45 mins very embarrasing stuck in traffic lol.
things i have done are changed battery both in engine and the key fob phoned a few places some say immobiliser some say sensoe on engine got to wait 4 weeks before i can get car into dealer:bh so any help here would be much appreciated thxs

·
Registered
581 Posts
hi there need some help as im a newbie to all this forum buisness need help with my 2001 mg zs 2.5 im having problems starting the car after its been running.example if i leave the car for a couple of hrs it will start first time everytime but once going if i stop and turn the engine off it will not start up again.sometimes it takes 10 mins to start other times ive waited 45 mins very embarrasing stuck in traffic lol.
things i have done are changed battery both in engine and the key fob phoned a few places some say immobiliser some say sensoe on engine got to wait 4 weeks before i can get car into dealer:bh so any help here would be much appreciated thxs
Crankshaft sensor?
Plug it in to a code reader ... could shed some light on the matter :)

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts
Try cleaning the offending sensor to see if it helps.:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
thxs for the reply have checked the forums on here theres a lot of info very similar to mine all saying cam sensor so hopefully thats it as its a very cheap fix thxs people ill let you know the outcome car booked in 2 weeks!!!!!!

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts