MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am thinking of getting the ZS180. Alternative cars are the Honda TYPE R, Leon 20VT Cupra, Clio 172. Will the ZS have better accelleration across the range being its a 2.5L V6 ?

Is the large spoiler only an option on the 4 door or can it be fitted to the hatchback version ?

What is the best colour and are the any good websites to see a ZS in various colours.

Sorry for all the questions.

Regards

Darren Burgess Hill, Sussex

·
Registered
388 Posts
DarrenRainer said:
Hi all, I am thinking of getting the ZS180. Alternative cars are the Honda TYPE R, Leon 20VT Cupra, Clio 172. Will the ZS have better accelleration across the range being its a 2.5L V6 ?
I can only speak for the 20VT, which has an incredibly flat torque curve - maximum torque is produced from 1950-5500rpm, IIRC! The ZS180 is quicker, as it is lighter, and it doesn't have that disconcerting lack of torque below ~1750rpm (where the turbo spins up). The ZS chassis is also in a different league - while the 20VT has that Germanic design and build, it could never really be described as a driver's car. However, if you want more power, a friend has just had his 20VT remapped on the rolling road for £500 and gained 30bhp.

What is the best colour and are the any good websites to see a ZS in various colours.
Obviously, the best colour is anthracite. ;) However, you will probably get as many opinions as there are colours - actually, if I were buying now, I might go for the Le Mans green. The "Your Motors" section of this site has pictures of the ZS in a number of colours - including a particularly nice anthracite example! :D

HTH,

_

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
The large spoiler as fitted to the 4 door doesn't fit on the 5 door, however a different large spoiler comes as standard, my red ZS has the optional smaller spoiler.

·
Registered
388 Posts
cerbman said:
I bet it would look good in British Racing Green, that's what I would have.
I think you're right - if it had been available in flat - BRG should never be met or pearl IM<HO - British Racing Green, that would have been my choice. Of course, the original BRG was the one used on the Napier cars and was a very pale green. That colour, I would not be interest in!

S.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Re: Re: MG ZS spoiler and alternative cars

Earlier in this thread, I said:
actually, if I were buying now, I might go for the Le Mans green
I saw an LMG ZS180 on the A10 this morning. It looked good, though not as good as I was expecting. If I were choosing again, I would stick with Anthracite. :)

S.

·
MG ZT-T 190
6,716 Posts
Ive seen, a green ZS in Cambridge City centre some months back and a green ZR at Stoneleigh, I was not keen on either!!
'Blue is the colour for me!'

G

·
If not Blue - which other ZS colours do you like?

Also, do you view the car as a 45 in "Sports" clothes. I am contemplating a Solar Red ZS!

G

·
Looks great on the race cars, very tacky on a 75 chassis, IMHO! I think the car would depreciate faster than a falling ROCK. :D

·
Registered
237 Posts
.....definetely Silver

Ok, so I am a bit biased after taking delivery on Friday of my ZS180 Saloon.

I looked at all the other colours, but its personal preference in the end, you can't be led by other people.

Anyway, there was only six colours to choose from, I know there is more now though.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Agree with the choice of Silver. Originally wanted Blue, but couldn't get one with the same deal offered for any of the other colours. Dealer won me over with great offer and chose the Silver. Had it since christmas and can really say the colour has grown on me. That said I will be glad when summer arrives, the car really shows up the road dirt, and i'm not great with washing cars on a weekly basis.

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Hmmmm.
A little too 'Max Power' for me. I can see the appeal though.

·
Registered
521 Posts
First ZS180 I tested was yellow, loved it outside but the leather flashes just looked too loud for long term. But that's the good thing about the colours there all great, something for everyone. Never seen a red one on the road yet, plenty of red zt's on local dealer forcourt but as yet no zs

Pete

1 - 20 of 24 Posts