MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
c4l3b
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im after some lowering springs for a mg zs 1.6 rally the one with vents in fender and a exhaust trim for rear bumper can anyone steer me in right direction thanks

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
x power springs are still available from ptp but they dont lower it a great deal, just make sure you get 1.6/1.8 springs not 2.5/ diesel springs

·
Registered
385 Posts
im after some lowering springs for a mg zs 1.6 rally the one with vents in fender and a exhaust trim for rear bumper can anyone steer me in right direction thanks
Hi m8, save ur pennies and replace the springs and shocks. Standard units are not that good to start with. Last 180 I had was lowered with the Koni kit but at -30mm I could not even pull on the drive without hitting the sump if I had more than 15mph on the clock.
I will b installing a spax kit over Xmas which will allow me to dial in the height I want but then of course u gotta reset the cambers!

Cheap option fit the moto build -20mm springs but If u go lower then be ready for some dents in the exhaust.

Paul

·
19,410 Posts
Never had any probs with the Motobuild (Koni Springs) 30mm.

Theres quite a few off here who purchased them and all without bother apart from slight scrubbing.

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts
Hi m8, save ur pennies and replace the springs and shocks. Standard units are not that good to start with.
Nothing wrong at all with the OE setup......:yup:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Nothing wrong at all with the OE setup......:yup:

Ummm maybe when they are fresh / new but get a few miles on them and the ride is a little rough as the damping goes off. Try sitting in the back whilst being driven on a good old back road or get a ride in one with some quality shocks on and u will know what I mean.
But I am a fussy ****** when it comes to setting up cars and bike lol!

·
Registered
976 Posts
Ummm maybe when they are fresh / new but get a few miles on them and the ride is a little rough as the damping goes off. Try sitting in the back whilst being driven on a good old back road or get a ride in one with some quality shocks on and u will know what I mean.
But I am a fussy ****** when it comes to setting up cars and bike lol!
the after market shocks i have, and ive got avos and gaz coilovers and have tried quite a few springs arent smoother than an standard set up, but you dont buy after market for a smooth ride surely? its to lower and improve handling

·
c4l3b
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ah demon paul seen you other day i was chasing you in a cube pick a zs up sunday in scotland just a 1.6 to reduce my carbon footprint

·
19,410 Posts
Hi there:)

I thought you were after a 180?

Welcome to MG Ownership:)

·
c4l3b
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ive a vectra gsi to cant run both plus tax on the high side for a 180 any way my cube can keep up with a 180 ha ha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.