MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have got a set of front and rear chrome door sill kick panels in very good condition.

These are very rare and do not have ROVER on them to show they are genuine ZS ones.

Will fit hatchback and saloon models.

Looking for £35 posted

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I have a set of these that I'm going to fit to mark 2 zs.

I think the existing plastic sill guards will need modifying by trimming the old locating pegs off the back of them, and using a plastic insert in the locating hole in the top of the sill, so you can then drill the holes through the plastic guards, and screw on the new metal ones over them.

At least thats how I'm hoping to do it lol

·
MG ZS+ TDi 115
475 Posts
Those kick plates are not complete.

They're suppose to come with a replacement plastic sill with pre-drilled holes and grommets to go into the sill itself (you'll see an extra hole for them to go into).

The replacement sills have properly recessed places for the above to fit nicely, trying to bodge them onto the existing ones could end up being messy!!

Peterzs watched me install the ones from my ZS onto his yellow beast last Saturday so can vouch for this! ;)

(I also just sold mine for £20 fitted and they came with all the proper bits, £25 posted is way too much imo)

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Service with a smile, certainly look better than my plastic ones Will, thanks for the fitting service, best £20 I've spent.

:wave:

·
04/02/2010
417 Posts
I used my existing ones and put the chrome over them and screwed in!. Fit perfectly :)

Stephen

·
Registered
275 Posts
They will fit the mk2 easily and has been covered many times before!!

No need for fancy inserts etc just get some m4x8 stainless socket cap screws/nuts off ebay for around 2 quid then just take off the palstic ones, place the new shiny ones over it, mark the holes, drill through then fix the shiny plate over the plastic one with the aforementioned cap scrfews, easy!! takes about 10 minutes!!

·
MG ZS+ TDi 115
475 Posts
Service with a smile, certainly look better than my plastic ones Will, thanks for the fitting service, best £20 I've spent.

:wave:
You're welcome kind sir, I hope you're enjoying them!

... easy!! takes about 10 minutes!!
Not as easy as fitting them with the full kit ;)

Anyway, enough thread bashing - I'm gonna shut up now :)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Not as easy as fitting them with the full kit ;)

Just helping out anyone that picks up a set of rover ones as the zs ones and fitting kit have not been available for years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts