MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PA110072.jpg hi my beloved car has just died have been informed that the engine has seized due to head gasket failure and the motor does not turn wat so ever so im selling her she is a 52 plate xpower grey good nick 87000 on the clock just had recent complete clutch installed and otherwise all ok looking for
£500 ono?
please call 07411423436
car is in devon
many thx
mark

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Looked a great car, dont hear of many hgf on the V6.

Did it overheat and seize up?

If it just stopped spinning over on the starter motor, think I would take all the plugs out. That would then blow any water out of the cylinders if it was in any of the bores.

:wave:

·
Registered
580 Posts
why dont you rip the engine out and put a t16 turbo motor in ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
A sad day.....

Reality is that even with a running engine a 52 plate 180 is only going to fetch about £800-£1000 on a good day (if your lucky). With a blown motor the cost of getting a replacement and having it fitted is just not economical.

it's worth more in bits to be honest. You might be lucky and get a few hundred as a "project" but breaking it will likely get you more.

I'll give you £200 for it ;-)

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Don't just call the scrap man, advertise it on the other forums - zscentral, themgzs, .org - someone on one of them will buy it although it'll go quicker if you take offers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If it was next month i'd would of loveed to of bought it. But after paying out for the dogs kennel stay and all the rest of festive out goings cant afford it this month :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts