MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i just wonderd if any one else has had this with there zs...

basically some times when i start the car it seems that it struggles to start, when i started it the other day it turned over but it seemed to take a long time to turn over and when it started it sounded like it was about to cut out like it was spluttering then sat at about 750 idling...is this normal?

usually when i start the engine up it goes over 1200rpm then sits at 1000rpm for a bit then sits at around 750 after 5 minutes or so..

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Mine does a lazy start sometimes, usually when warm. Revs just slowly rise to 800 rather than jumping up to 1500 and back down.

I'll check my battery!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
most of the time i wait yes...and the battery is fine..its going to be going to have cams etc done soon soo might just get them to check it over make sure every things ok.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
I get lazy lob fire up sometimes. Last happened yesterday. Nothing to worry about. Takes a while to pick up and starts on really low revs just about holding on to a tick over?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I get lazy lob fire up sometimes. Last happened yesterday. Nothing to worry about. Takes a while to pick up and starts on really low revs just about holding on to a tick over?
yes thats exactly what mine does,thought it might be a problem with something but if it aint nothing to worry bout then its fine..why does it do it though?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts