Just about to buy an mg zs 180.........

honestly what mpg do they really do?

Also whats everyones insurance like?

Thanks

Mike

·
Still not cured of MG addiction
7,110 Posts
MPG is high twenties, maybe a bit more. Better than a lot of equivalent cars. Plus the way you drive it does make a difference, unlike some cars I've owned.

I think insurance has gone up quite a bit for everyone, best to get a quote :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply.

Was hoping for low 30s really lol....

I did get a quate of £1,400 Sadly im 22 years of age.

:D

Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
if u rag it u can empty a tank in no time

im 26 with 5 yrs ncb and it £669 f/comp if i pay in full, £1250 if i pay monthly

try getting an annual quote, pay it on a interest free credit card and pay it back monthly. best way

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
low 30s you've got noooooooo chance mate,, more like mid 20s at best and I'm careful,, I'm 45 and my insurance this year is 650. 6yrs ncd. went up 200 from last yr

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the help...

Done some more quotes and managed get it down to £1200 so not too bad, going give "peter best insurance a call tmoz", Thanks for that info.

Really am looking forward to it, im just trying keep the costs down till after christmas :D

Thanks Everyone.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
The best I've ever got on a long run was 34mpg, normal driving is currently about 23.

I'm on http://www.fuelly.com/driver/talkingcars/zs

I've only just started using it but there are several other ZS180's are on there.

Interestingly I got the highest on 95 ron whereas I normally go for 98, think I shall try some more 95.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Peter best did my insurance for just over £500.
Im 26 with a few points
Unlimated millage and fully comp

Mid to higher 20s normal for mpg. I did 19mpg on the last £30 i put in :(
I dont know any 2.5 v6 that will do over 30mpg easily (not if you to mixed town driving anyway)

·
Registered
976 Posts
im 28 and paying £350 fully comp, there are deals to be had i got quoted £450 and just told them i had a better quote of £350 and the matched it without checking!

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
im 28 and paying £350 fully comp, there are deals to be had i got quoted £450 and just told them i had a better quote of £350 and the matched it without checking!
whose that with redz? im paying 500 notes with chris knotts, 9yrs nc, no penaltys, 36 years young.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I just insured mine with Peter Best, one of their MG policies, was significantly cheaper than everyone else.

And when I was keeping an eye on my consumption, I got 27mpg pretty consistently with mixed driving, although you can easily p*ss away a tank of petrol if you're being... rather exuberant on the loud pedal.

·
MKII MGZS180
2,314 Posts
Mid to high 20s is normal. Low 30s is possible if it's all motorway driving at a steady economical speed.

As for insurance, everyone circumstances are different and I believe a mk2 180 is group 16 car.

·
A boffin and proud of it
1,893 Posts
Insurance, for me, £240 fully comp, business use, drive other cars. The joys of reaching the half century.

·
Registered
385 Posts
20mpg cause it only comes out to play once a week!

£626 comp limited 3000miles

Supercharged motor and a load of other declared mods!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Just about to buy an mg zs 180.........

honestly what mpg do they really do?

Also whats everyones insurance like?

Thanks

Mike
Around 30mpg average can go as low as 23 if you rag it.
but i'm 27 and the insurance is £580 fully comp 7 yrs no claims protected from LV they are a pleasure to deal with too ^^

·
Registered
12 Posts
I averaged 33mpg over the year or so I had mine. Only mod was a Cold Air Induction- this gained me about 3mpg.

Best of 41mpg on a 200 mile run, worst of 26mpg(which included 4 laps on track at Bedford).

This was mostly commuting miles, which contained a lot of 30mph villages and 50mph average speed camera sections.

Insurance is quite steep- I think I paid around £550(26yo, 4 ncb).

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just driven 250 miles to Wales in my ZS180 saloon (MKII).

Averaged 25mpg (approximately half a was motorway, remainder being twisty Welsh A and B roads).

Insurance is £380 full comp with protected ncb

Dave

·
The Green Machine
3,920 Posts
I pay £250 on the 120 with Chris Knott. 26, 5 years NCB. When I enquired about a 180 earlier in the year they only wanted another £70 for the last 7 months.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts