MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right then anyhelp would be great.

05 plate mg zs 180 was driving fine all day then just cut out at 50 mph and refused to restart, even tried bumping it while on tow and theres nothing there I have spark I have fuel after the filter but she just isnt catching.

at first I thought she had ran out of fuel as needle was just above red but ive chucked a £10 in and its still having none of it.

there was no warning either no rough running no spluttering just lost power

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
as in signs of fuel in cylinder? in which case yes injectors are firing ive tried new plugs aswell as had some ready for service (only front bank fo now as rear is a pain in arse)

it simualr to the problem I had with my old zt 160 but that was A different fuel set up from what i remember

·
Registered
80 Posts
I ran out of fuel a few weeks back :eek:

Walked to the petrol station, filled up my little green jerry can with 5 litres, walked back to the car and put said 5 litres into the tank. The car started 2nd try!

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Rich - have you checked the fuel cut out switch behind the centre consol - unlikely as the car was already running but worth checking.

Jay - you were lucky.

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts
I knew somebody with a mk1 180 who had something similar happen to his car at a local meet we had. Turned out to be a dead ECU.

·
MG ZS 180 MGB GT V8
159 Posts
Is your fuel pump working ? I had mine die recently and the car ended up just coasting to a halt. You can tell if it's working by listening for the priming cycle of the pump when you first turn the ignition on - it should run for a couple of seconds.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well ahem started now turned her on and she was making a strange gurgling noise when priming pump so kept turning on and off without starting repeated priming and noise changed turned key and she fired up. Think it must of got air traped in system somehow did notice a leak around fuel filter so tightened that up but panic over for now. It's the first breakdown I've eve had in over 7 years of mg/r ownership spanning over 6 t16 turbos 4 kv6 powered mgs and a 1.8 vvc so can't complain

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.