MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2004-MG-Z...&otn=3&po=LVI&ps=63&clkid=3940699416080879860

• '54' Plate ZS 180 Black.
  • 73,000miles
  • Comes with new MOT, Tax Feb 2012
  • Full Service History
  • Belts Done
  • Great private plate

I've had some luck and came into some money, so I've decided to sell the zed and get something a bit newer, and more than likely diesel.*yawn*.

This really is a great example the body work near flawless. It was until I let my GF borrow it! There are some scratches in the rear bumper(pictured).

The history is also near flawless, with all the stamps in the book, the last being in April these aren't just oil and plugs its a proper service filters fluids etc. In the last 18months the car has had, the cambelts changed, and a new clutch.

I can't stress enough want a good example this is, the only let down is the wear on the drivers seat and the scratch on the rear bumper.

£2,450

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am looking for a diesel, so if you have a diesel Zed there is a deal to be had, I have some money to throw at a new car.

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Car looks a good example, with the belts done, number plate and the service history, its a good price.

All the best with the sale.

:wave:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi

Few of questions:

Have you fitted an oil catch tank?

Is the induction kit an enclosed one or is it a cone filter open to air in the engine bay?

Any Vis problems / noise?

When you had a new clutch did this include a change of the servo & bracket or the fitting of a "sheddist" kit?

Any rough idea of cost to fix the bearing whine (as per Ebay advert)?

Cheers
Dave :)

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Jeez, did you even keep it long enough to use a tank of petrol??

Best of luck with the sale, it looks very tidy and I would have it today if I hadn't already got one.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi

Few of questions:

Have you fitted an oil catch tank?

Is the induction kit an enclosed one or is it a cone filter open to air in the engine bay?

Any Vis problems / noise?

When you had a new clutch did this include a change of the servo & bracket or the fitting of a "sheddist" kit?

Any rough idea of cost to fix the bearing whine (as per Ebay advert)?

Cheers
Dave :)
Induction kit is enclosed, and piped to the inner wing.

As far as I know it doesn't have any VIS problems, or noises. In the history it did have a brand new inlet manifold and motors.

I didn't have the clutch fitted myself, the bill says a clutch kit (£810) so i am not sure at that price.

Wheel bearing on ebay is £50, and I believe its a fairly easy job, as the you get a hub, so they are not pressed in.

Give me a call if you have any more questions 07738392192.

I am only selling, as I missed my old one so bad, and i now have the chance to buy it back.

·
Still not cured of MG addiction
7,110 Posts
Still not sold? I'm surprised it looks decent. I'd be interested in a look myself if you weren't at the other end of the country. I'd have to eBay the wife's Fiesta first too.

How long have you had it? How many owners?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Still not sold? I'm surprised it looks decent. I'd be interested in a look myself if you weren't at the other end of the country. I'd have to eBay the wife's Fiesta first too.

How long have you had it? How many owners?
I am the 4th owner, it used to be owned by "brett" from this forum, and I brought it off an older guy who brought it as his retirement present to himself, spent a load of cash on it doing the belts, clutch servicing it etc.

I've only had it 4 months, but I miss my old one so bad, and my change of job and the fact its for sale again allows me to have a track toy to sit on the drive instead of this, which is far to good for the track.

There is a deal to be had here, I really need the cash to buy back my old one.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts