MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of putting my zs on ebay soon, but thought i would ask here and on zscentral if anyone would be interested in buying it as a project first.

I parked it up after a long drive then my girlfriend drove it and the oil warning light came on... i did hear it running, very loud knocking coming from the engine, possibly snapped conrod? or cam? the next day the engine was seized completly. It had been running fine previous to this.
I purchased a 2nd hand engine (on ebay) only to find it was damaged and not usable :(
So i'm now totally out of funds to repair it.

Very good condition interior, drivers seat has light wear. Everything worked fine A/C electric windows etc. All tyres are good, fronts are new-ish hankooks (6mm)
It has a new bosch super premium battery with a 5 year warranty!
I fitted new front pads about 3 months before it died :(
It has black front grilles and a black front mg badge.
It has one small dent on the drivers side rear quarter panal.
It really is in too good a condition to scrap!

Declared SORN, Mot expires end of January 2011.
Will need to be towed or trailed from farnham surrey. I'm open to any offers, it just really needs to go now as its been outside my flat for about 3 months now.

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Sounds a bit of a horror story, no comeback on the ebay motor??

Best of luck and hope you get some money back.

:wave:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
hey, someone will probably buy it, theres a guy on themgzs called "southside zs" he buys a lot of zs's with failed engines and does them up, to give you a rough heds up it isnt worth a lot with it not running maybe £250 - £400 but you may be lucky, it will be snapped up though they always are

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
Be a shame to see it get scrapped, not a colour you see very often (around here at least)

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
someone will buy it and fix it more than likely if i had spare cash and was nearby i would buy it and do it up to sell or keep as a project, looks pretty unabused ect

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still in dispute with the guy i bought the 2nd hand engine from, annoyingly he responded to a best offer i made in an ebay message but didn't actually officially accept the offer so ebay aren't covering it :(

I'm sure someone will want it, i'm posting it on zscentral in a bit. Just want it to go to a good home really.

On the plus side i did get a newer car, a zs 180, looks like it was owned by someone who kept a keen eye on these forums, it has a sheddist clutch kit and catch tank etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts