MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
I can whole-heartidle recommend the ZRD. It is a great car. A bit heavy, but still great. The side-sills are beneficial to finish the look off, and MAKE SURE you don't thrash it to start off with, or else you will for ever be going through oil.

I drive one every now and then, and the performance difference between it and my 200SD is obvious. Looks great too.

I would still take the diesel over an shoddy Seat.

What's in a different combustion method?

·
X-POWER ZR TD+
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ZRD ON THE WAY

Just orderd my ZRD + with 17" side sills in trophy blue getting it end of june swapin in a rover 200 SD ROLL ON END OF JUNE:cool:

·
True Brit
1,048 Posts
SPORT 'N' RACING said:
An MG Diesel, com'on now how can you defend the MG is not a Rover brand now! ;)
MG Rover is the company, there is no dominant brand. Historically MG has the closest connection to Longbridge with the Austin Morris partnership, so if anything a Rover is an MG. MG Rover has had many changes of name and Rover came to the original company after MG. Longbridge is the home of Austin. Rover's home was Coventry. Austin's, Morris's and Wolseley's were made faster at Abingdon and called MG. So both MG and Rover have changed homes. Other sporting brands have diesel, Alfa Romeo for one.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I test drove a chipped ZR TD during my visit of Richardsons of Tiverton last week. It accelerates really well, I would compare it to sh1t off a shoval! But it loses acceleration between 4000-5000 rpm where as my ZR120+ starts to open up at 4000 rpm. The TD is an 8 valve engine so suppose this is much to do with it.

But overall I was fairly impressed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Desiel engines always rev lower than petrol.

Doesnt mean less power or acceleration just a different style of driving.

Would be intrested to see a chipped TD angainst the other ZRs and see how it really performs :rolleyes:

·
X-POWER ZR TD+
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Toby-flack

When we get them we will have to check the s/n to see how close they are.This has been a very long june seem to taking ages i can't wait to get her:auto:.

·
X-POWER ZR TD+
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ZR TD

The td is faster than the 105 anyway TD 0-60=9.7 105 0-60=10.0
30-50 in 4th 6.3secs 105 9.6secs and faster than the 160 at 6.9secs:laugh:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts