MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
21 - 40 of 66 Posts

· Registered
4,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I thought you wanted the full adjustable Leda kit Dave ;) ?

I'll check availability on Monday, and post something in here. I've ordered all the kits I've been asked to so far, but I don't know how long this sale is going on.
Keep watching ;)

Oh, I'm glad you were pleased with Kev's. Was it Santa Pod?

· Front wheels steer, rear wheels drive.
12,330 Posts
i want loads of things bev :lol: but so does my large family and they come first,,,so its a case of do what you can ,when you can. :beerchug

· Registered
1,161 Posts
Hi Bev. Would I be able to fit the spring myself then go to Kwik-Fit or similar to get the car set up? Is it just a case of replacing the springs? And are any special tools needed?

TVM

· Mercedes W638
1,847 Posts
I assume that this has now become an MG XPower Summer Sale :D

Sorry, it had to be said... I'll get me coat.

· Registered
4,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Pete, you will need a spring compressor. Unless you are completely confident, I would recommend tou get them installed by a professional. Kwik Fit wouldn't be at the top of my list, but ourselves or Rally Matt would be first choice.

Ralf - ha ha ha :roll:

· Registered
1,161 Posts
BeverleyM said:
Pete, you will need a spring compressor. Unless you are completely confident, I would recommend tou get them installed by a professional. Kwik Fit wouldn't be at the top of my list, but ourselves or Rally Matt would be first choice.
Thanks Bev.

I know you said £50 per hour, where are you based and roughly how many hours does the full job take. At the moment I in Crawley West Sussex.

Sorry, I just read back a bit: 2hrs ish?

· Registered
4,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
We're in Essex, about 10 minutes from Stansted Airport. It takes about 2 hours to do the install and alignment.

I forgot to say, if you do take it somewhere else, you MUST get the alignment done afterwards.

· Registered
1,161 Posts
Thanks Bev, looking into options. Think Essex maybe a bit far to travel, although if I do go for them it would give me good piece of mind knowing that they had been fitted correctly and the car was set up right. :beerchug

21 - 40 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.