MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just entered the competition to win a drive in the le mans car on the official mg xpower site. As part of the entry, you have to fill in details of which MG cars you're interested in...

ZR
ZS
ZT
TF

and....

TT

Anyone care to speculate? (I've selected that it's the model I'm interested in!)

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, was aware it's the same competition, although I'm sure it said it was in association with autsport....

Car we saw at Thruxton?? Which one, there were lots??? :D

G

·
Nick, The Le Mans car look alike thingy that doesn't look anything like a EX257. :hammerhea There were 2 around the XPower Sales point - maybe you didn't see 'em (i'll have to lend you my specs). :yakyakyak Trouble is I don't wear any YET!

The thread is most definitely Auto Express - but who knows. Click on it and check it out.

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Didn't see it.... Defo going blind (or absent minded) I reckon...

Interesting, questions are different on the autoexpress one, so I've entered that one too... :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
The link above got me thinking about something...

"When Hot Wheels were asked to consider sponsorship of MG?s XPOWER race teams we took one look at their brand values and realised the very close link with Hot Wheel?s brand positioning of speed, power, performance and attitude. This proximity in style and tone makes us very excited at the opportunities for using XPOWER in our offerings to children and adults who purchase die-cast product. We are also committed to using our vehicles as a way of getting the XPOWER team and MG into the hearts and minds of more people around the world through their association with Hot Wheels." -Jim Wagner, senior vp of Mattel, Feb 28 2002

Which raises the question: Where the hell are all the goodies? What's the point of being sponsored by a toy company if you can't get MG toys? I need a 1/18th scale EX257 to put on my filing cabinet in my office...

-Ricardo

1 - 10 of 10 Posts