MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the MG trophy (ZR/TF race series) dates are not all in the MGCC calander, I thought it was worth posting them here:

1 & 2 24th March Donington Park
3 27th April Croft (British F3 meeting)
4 & 5 17th May Oulton Park
6 & 7 14/15th June Silverstone International
8 17th August Cadwell Park
9 & 10 7th September Brands Hatch
11 & 12 4/5th October Snetterton

Pete

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts

·
If in doubt, flat out!
1,489 Posts
Some good times for Paul there... just shows how much .5 of a second in one sector can cost!

Good luck guys!

·
19,410 Posts
Hope to get there for the race if all goes well:)

·
19,410 Posts
Didnt manage to get there but i am told Paul luti led from start to finish.

Well done Paul:)

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Good result for the team, Paul managed to win after a very hard race. Any of the first four cars could have won. Due to this being the first time the car has been able to heat up its slick we now know how bad the set up is. Paul struggled with bad understeer for the whole race which caused us to be slow up the straights due to scrubing off a lot of speed in the corners (we were 3 mph slower than 8 cars through the speed trap). Three wins in the first three races is a good start for us but there is a lot of good racers out there. We have a lot of work to do on the suspension to get Paul a car that handles as well as the other top runners.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
New suspension arrived today just waiting for the springs to come and then its all hands on deck to get the ZR ready for testing at Oulton on the 16th.
Went down to Longbridge and picked up the ZT520 on Tuesday as its got to be prepared for a hard time at Silverstone. We are doing three races with it, 45 minute two driver race with Sean Hyland coming over from Canada to share with Paul (Paul shared his Mustang at Mossport in Canada last year),30 minute race shared with Warwick Banks who shared with Paul last year and another 30 minute race with Paul alone. Paul is also doing the two ZR190 Cup races, so its going to be a full weekend for the team. We have managed to talk Claire into comeing and helping out with the cars as she built the ZT520 engine. At the Silverstone meeting the MGCC will be running a competition to win track time with Paul in the ZT520. Paul has promised that there will be lots of 520hp sideways action.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Silverstone this weekend try and pop in to pit garage 10 to say hello dont be shy. Paul will be driving 3 cars in 5 races come and cheer us on. If you turn up to Silverstone in a Z model MG you can enter in the free prize draw at the MGCC stand. prize is track time with Paul in the ZT520 at Castle Combe.

·
MG XPower.
2,119 Posts
If you turn up to Silverstone in a Z model MG you can enter in the free prize draw at the MGCC stand. prize is track time with Paul in the ZT520 at Castle Combe.
I would really like that track time but I am coming to Silverstone in my TF:cry:

Good Luck Brian, Paul and Team for the weekend.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
New dates for 2009 MG Trophy Championship

April 4th Donington
May 9th Oulton Park
May 30/31st Brands
JUly 10/11/12th Silverstone
August 29th Anglesey
October 3/4th Snetterton

Hope to see you all there

1 - 20 of 22 Posts