TEAM: WSR

DRIVERS: Anthony Reid

Warren Hughes

TEST DATE: 13 February 2002

CIRCUIT: Thruxton, England

WEATHER: Wet, changeable

QUOTES:

DICK BENNETTS – managing director of WSR

"It was well worth coming! We had a bit of rain and a lot of traffic but we’ve never been here before with the MG and the new regs. We’ve got a good base to work from."

ANTHONY REID

"Thruxton is a unique circuit and it always takes a while to get into it – it’s like driving on a high-speed oval. I was very pleased with being able to jump into the MG and do a good time straightaway, literally on the second lap I was quick before it started raining! I have a lot of confidence in the car - it feels very good. We expect to make a lot more progress in future tests and refine things, provided the weather is kind to us.

WARREN HUGHES

"Although it was a limited run for me - the weather didn’t help, it was a new experience driving a touring car around Thruxton, because I’ve only ever been here in a single seater. It’s very different. Even though I’ve only done a handful of laps in the dry, it’s been an interesting day because the changes we’ve made to the car earlier altered the balance quite a lot - in a positive way. I think we’ve actually come across something that will make a big difference to the handling of the MG. It has been a very positive test things are looking good."

1 - 1 of 1 Posts