MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone (ANYONE, as I am finding this quite difficult) provide me with information to the MG Rover Visitor Centre in Longbridge? I will be in England in May and really want to visit there.
Thanks,
David
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
From memory - a while since I've been there ... so could be slightly wrong - I'm sure others will correct me.

South out of Birmingham on the A38. When you come to the plant at Longbridge, there's a roundabout (traffic circle? :D ) where a large bridge goes across from one section of the plant to another. Follow the A38 southbound until the plant comes to an end, then take a left, following the perimeter.

You're after "Q" gate I believe.

Could be worth calling them to clarify what is and is not available from the visitors' centre. I don't believe they simply give tours on-spec!

·
Which one shall I drive today?
6,507 Posts
I think your right Andy, all tours/visits are by appointment only at the moment.

Q gate is the right one though.

There was some talk a while ago about regular tours being open to the public, my guess is you's still have to book in advance though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The "Visitor Centre" is a the company reception. All visitors are usually by appointment.

Regular tours are organised - but again these are pre-booked at the moment. If we find out any info the the contrary - we will let you know.

ENJOY.

NB: Organised tours are on Tuesday and Thursday's - it may influence the day you want to visit! Two tours a day.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Yes, Q Gate is the right place. I always go to Longbridge from Junction 3 of the M42 via Barnt Green and Cofton Hackett - if you've never been that way you'll probably be amazed to find that Longbridge is on the edge of the green space rather than the 'dark satanic mills' perceived in the popular mind's eye. Yes, tours aren't available on spec but you can go into the visitor centre, see the current range, pick up brochures, chat to my good friend Verona and look at the various cars for sale just outside the visitor's centre. Or, as this morning, something more interesting like a ZT-T V8.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Ahhhh... Verona.

And, of course, the lovely Michelle!

(Memo to oneself....Must remember to wear the sharper of my 2 suits on Sept. 18)

What did you chat about today, Ann? Anything we should know about?

·
Bob say ,YES'
3,127 Posts
Ann MG Writer said:
Yes, Q Gate is the right place. I always go to Longbridge from Junction 3 of the M42 via Barnt Green and Cofton Hackett -
Hi Ann i think you mean Junction 2 Hopwood services.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.