MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Don't know a tremendous amount on this one. All I know is John Judd of Engine Developments based in Rugby has produced a 3.5 litre engine designed specifically for the Cart market in the USA. All the donkey work has been done and has been run up on the dyno. MG will bank roll the project and have their name on the Cam Covers.

This could lead to a full on slaught on the USA market with MG produced cars. Why else would they support a motor racing project across the pond and not reep the just rewards, regardless of what MG say.

Jim

PS - See Autosport.com/cart for further details and this site.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thankyou, JIM

This is how i thought the deal was struck. A pure marketing exercise for the relaunch of MG into my country!

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Keep us in touch

Cartman - Pleased I was of help. If you hear of more breaking news then let the forum know. You might know before us. Rumour has that the engine could also be used the Indy Car League as well. Judd says they need 7 cars powered by the engine to make it viable.

Jim:D

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Bad News.

Read on TeleText about Cart going the turbo route and using cosworth units. The page didn't make sense and who ever wrote it, didn't do a good job - misleading.

However, after surfing Autosport I can say that the MG-Judd unit has be scrapped. Turbo's will be the norm for Cart next year. Cosworth have been confirmed as the sole suppliers and it sounds as if Ford have bankrolled Cart to get the deal.

The engine could be used in the Indy Car League as they used just Atmo engines. Don't think it will be viable as John Judd says they must sell 7 units to make the programme work.

I suppose it's a case of watch this space. Cart seems to be rather similiar to FISA! Oh Dear.

Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts