MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Passionate about MGR.Cars.
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided that I am going to part with my MG Montego, in reality I really do not want to as I have spent a huge amount of time & money on this car & love it to bits but I have 4 vehicles - 1 garage & 1 parking space. The guy that has the next 3 garages to mine currently lets me park the other 2 cars in front of them but I do know that he wants at some point to park one of his there. Then in the week when it was extreemly windy the wind blew the cover off the Rover 25 (again) & I promptly flipped my lid as this happened a few times last winter & I am not putting up with it again this year.

The car has had a massive amount of improvements to it & the list is far too long to write here though if anyone wants to know I will try & dig out as much info as possible ( I do know but it is endless) To put it mildly from just the bodywork point of view most of the car has been re-sprayed including a new bonnet & front bumper & on to the smaller parts of body & fixings getting things like springs & spring cups powdercoated while suspension is being changed & then down to replacing as many nuts & bolts as possible with shiny new ones.
This car will only be of interest to an enthusiast as I will not let it go cheap. It had 31000 miles on it when I got it & now has just under 34000 I believe. It is on a 1990 "H" reg & in Flame Red. Interior is immaculate & has a new headlining.
A huge amount of stuff has been changed under the bonnet too.
£2750 is a very fair price for what it is or £2500 without the wheels & tyres (brand new tyres on freshly powdercoated therefore mint original wheels).

While some will read that & think £2.5K for that is daft & I would probably have thought when I was looking for it that I wouldn't pay that but after paying just under £1000 for the car & then sourcing all the parts etc then booking it into the bodyshop (twice) etc etc it would have worked out easier & a lot cheaper to buy a Premium example in the first place though they are not easy to find.
This car is now a Premium example & has been to 3 shows this year & won all of them & many members of Maestro/Montego forums etc have seen it & will know the standard of it

·
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Thats not a bad asking price for such a mint low millage example. Must admit though not keen on the white wheels. They only had those on the Rover advantage models.
If that was a turbo I wonder what it would be worth?

·
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats not a bad asking price for such a mint low millage example. Must admit though not keen on the white wheels. They only had those on the Rover advantage models.
If that was a turbo I wonder what it would be worth?
I understand your comment about the wheels which is another reason why I did the two prices as I could use the tyres anyway. I did put a set of MG ZS110 Mirage wheels (with spacers) on last year which were easy to clean etc but I'm pretty sure I lost points at a show for non originals so I sold them to a friend who needed wheels & tyres for his Rover 45. I then dig out the originals but wanted something slightly different & thought Montego Advantage hence what you see. They were only done & fitted just before MG's In The Park in early June.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts