MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The mechanic
6,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mg is making it's mark along the M4 corridor in south wales,fordthrone of Cardiff were there from the relaunch and known as Mg Cardiff but now new Mg dealer j & j motors is opening 3 dealerships in Bridgend,Swansea and Crosshands,they are currently suzuki,fiat and Nissan dealers and have been around for over 25 years,the brand is expanding in the right direction at last and looking good for it from what i have seen.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Well wish i could say the same but i,ve not seen one mg6 on the road yet my fear is its gona be all over before its started hope i,m wrong

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Pity they dont make 10 or so available to different MG forums, to get some on the road and get feedback.

As you say, I've not seen any on the road, 2 or 3 at various car do's like PoL, Duxford etc.

Would only recognise the front badge, nothing jumps up and says MG apart from that.

:wave:

·
The mechanic
6,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The problem mg have is they are only offering one engine the 1.8 they should have had a diesel in the line up atleast and maybe the V6.

·
Lighten up dude
1,154 Posts
We have an MG dealer in Guernsey - Carrus. Still has new TF's and the MG6 hatch and saloon in the showroom plus lots of merchandise.

Rumour is a new 2.0 litre engine is on the horizon. A diesel seems logical if they go fleet. My information is that a V6/high performance varient is unlikely at the moment due to insurance costs. They have worked very hard to keep the overall running costs down which include the insurance group - the car is deliberately detuned/geared at this stage to meet this lower target for insurance. They cannot compete with the Golf R32 / Focus STi type car at this point so its a little pointless to target this high end niche group for the minimal sales it will bring.

Also they are trying hard to keep production costs down which means keep the trim and engine options minimal - less parts and processes. This is working - in Guernsey you can get the base MG6 for just over £13,000 which is pretty incredible. I've seen two floating around the island so far..... more than my 180 Mk2 - I'm the only one!!

P

1 - 6 of 6 Posts